2015 TZX 190 Tach reads 7000 plus rpm

Started by 7TCU, March 11, 2015, 10:20:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

7TCU

I have had trouble with my tach it reads way to high. The dealer adjusted it then replaced it it has not improved any ideas what needs to be done. I hate going in for service.

7TCU

Looks like the dealer wants to put one more tachometer in I hope the second replacement fixes the problem

BassmanRudy

My 2009 has done that several times. Then next time it works fine. I have no idea what causes it but kinda scary when you are used to seeing 5600 and then next time 6600!!
"Rudy"
I use Mister Twister Baits!
www.mistertwister.com

ʇuǝɹq™

Mine will do that, and I just tap on the guage and it fixes itself.

RushFan

I have the same problem as BassmanRudy.  At first scared me too!  Now I just ignore it as I know what my engine should sound like at a given rpm, in about 500rpm increments.

Mike Cork

Not sure what model you have but if the second tach doesn't fix it, be sure they check input. I would assume they already did that.

By chance to you have a volt meter on the instrument panel? Are you having charging problems? On older model engines, tach issue can be a sign of stator problems.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

7TCU

It's a 2015 the tach is steady it just reads way high

Mike Cork

Only two things it can be, the input from the motor or the tach. On a 2015, the computer should tell them exactly with it is.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Pferox

You sure the motor itself isn't running high?  Just a thought.
"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim

7TCU

Quote from: Pferox on March 14, 2015, 08:45:56 AM
You sure the motor itself isn't running high?  Just a thought.

The last time I had it at the shop they said I had not been over 5700 RPM. Since then it has bumped the Rev limiter once or twice.

jhollis01

I just saw this post and I have the same exact problem. I have a tzx 190 that is a little over a year old and the tach will read around 6800 at WOT. I've had it back at the dealer a few times they adjusted the original twice then replaced it and its still reading high. TCU, did u ever figure anything out?

7TCU

Quote from: jhollis01 on August 13, 2015, 07:38:07 PM
I just saw this post and I have the same exact problem. I have a tzx 190 that is a little over a year old and the tach will read around 6800 at WOT. I've had it back at the dealer a few times they adjusted the original twice then replaced it and its still reading high. TCU, did u ever figure anything out?

The problem was under the engine cowling was about all I could get out of them