Worth switching?

Started by bassinmatt, March 28, 2015, 09:14:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bassinmatt

I have been a shimano guy for a while now and looking to switch. I've been looking at Okuma for a few weeks now and would like to get opinions and experiences with them. Rods and Reels. Thanks for sharing and helping out.

Brocksdad1

Why are you wanting to switch, thus might help with folks giving you input
This is not a hobby for me, its a sick addiction. Now my son has the problem...isnt it great!!!

I would like to take this time to thank Bass for biteing my lures and bringing me joy.

analfisherman

Quote from: Brocksdad1 on March 28, 2015, 10:19:35 PM
Why are you wanting to switch, thus might help with folks giving you input

Exactly what I was wondering and going to ask.
"Fishing isn't life or death... it's more important than that."

Down4ttown

Not going to say anything bad about Okuma but I feel like shimano and daiwa rule the top end gear but the mid level is open for experimentation

nick060200

I just broke a citrix rod recently on accident and okuma is replacing it. It made me buy another rod from them. I really like the citrix and i got a deal on an evx so i bought it.

Mike Cork

I've played with a couple of the okuma reels and as a Shimano user I was impressed. Okuma has come a long way in there bass equipment. I don't like the feel of the reel in my hand. It's not a weight issue or size, it's truly a shape issue that is specific to my needs.

They make a quality product and custermer service has been great when I have needed them for reels that I repair. Internally they are made from the same components and basic design concepts as Shimano, Lews, and ABU.

I to am curios why your putting down the shimanos, but if a switch is needed the Okuma line of reels is a good choice.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service