2005 Skeeter 225 zx ?

Started by tlittler, March 31, 2015, 06:18:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tlittler

Hi friends I am buying a 2005 Skeeter 225 zx. The previous owner said some times the power turns off on the panel in the cock pit. He said he disconects the batterie tremal and it resets, anyone have any input on what I should do to fix? Also when he charges the batteries said the third red light on the 3way bank charger blinks, any input on this.

Thank You
Tim

iClass

Unsure what the 'woops' pit is...grin.
Sounds like you could have a short in your electrical system that may explain both issues.  Usually if the charger has red lights it denotes an issue with an inability to properly charge your system.

tlittler

woops was a word that automatically
went in when I typed in .... pit the place the driver sits. The forum didn't like that word. Funny.

Thank you
Tim

BigDBasser

I have a 2005 ZX225.  I had the same problem and finally replaced the switch panel with manual rocker switches.  I got the replacement panel from Skeeter and it came with a harness.  Wouldn't recommend replacing it yourself unless you are pretty handy.  It came with no instructions and it wasn't just a wire for wire swap.  I had the dealer replace mine.  Can't speculate on the charger problem except that you may have a draw on the system that doesn't allow the battery to fully charge.  Find out which battery is not fully charging and trace from there. 

tlittler

Thank you Just got boat home prob be a month before I get it in the water. Still have ice on oneida lake.

Stonecold59

I had to replace the control panel on my 05 zx 250 also. Did it myself which went of. But now the Master Power light stays on all the time. Is this the way it should be or do i have an issue?
Need a little advice.

BigDBasser

The master power light should not stay on constantly.  It should go off when the switch is turned off.  Check main switch polarity to insure the hot wire is connected to the line side of the switch. If it's reversed, the light would stay on.  If wires are not connected wrong, the switch may be bad.  I would stay on the problem until corrected as it will be a drain on the battery.  You could also disconnect battery until problem is solved.  Good Luck, Nathan