Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thank you! Sorry about the wait...

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

X Zone Lures

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2005 Skeeter 225 zx ?  (Read 1643 times)

tlittler

• UB Member
  • Baby Bass
2005 Skeeter 225 zx ?
« on: March 31, 2015, 06:18:58 PM »

Hi friends I am buying a 2005 Skeeter 225 zx. The previous owner said some times the power turns off on the panel in the "woops" pit. He said he disconects the batterie tremal and it resets, anyone have any input on what I should do to fix? Also when he charges the batteries said the third red light on the 3way bank charger blinks, any input on this.

Thank You
Tim

iClass

• Ultimate Basser
  • Earth First!! Drill the rest of the planets later!
Re: 2005 Skeeter 225 zx ?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 07:52:35 AM »

Unsure what the 'woops' pit is...grin.
Sounds like you could have a short in your electrical system that may explain both issues.  Usually if the charger has red lights it denotes an issue with an inability to properly charge your system.

tlittler

• UB Member
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 09:14:47 AM »

woops was a word that automatically
 went in when I typed in .... pit the place the driver sits. The forum didn't like that word. Funny.

Thank you
Tim

BigDBasser

• Charter Member
  • Fishing God's Country
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 06:53:21 PM »

I have a 2005 ZX225.  I had the same problem and finally replaced the switch panel with manual rocker switches.  I got the replacement panel from Skeeter and it came with a harness.  Wouldn't recommend replacing it yourself unless you are pretty handy.  It came with no instructions and it wasn't just a wire for wire swap.  I had the dealer replace mine.  Can't speculate on the charger problem except that you may have a draw on the system that doesn't allow the battery to fully charge.  Find out which battery is not fully charging and trace from there. 

tlittler

• UB Member
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2015, 05:09:31 PM »

Thank you Just got boat home prob be a month before I get it in the water. Still have ice on oneida lake.

Stonecold59

• UB Member
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2018, 09:03:53 AM »

I had to replace the control panel on my 05 zx 250 also. Did it myself which went of. But now the Master Power light stays on all the time. Is this the way it should be or do i have an issue?
Need a little advice.

BigDBasser

• Charter Member
  • Fishing God's Country
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2018, 04:57:04 AM »

The master power light should not stay on constantly.  It should go off when the switch is turned off.  Check main switch polarity to insure the hot wire is connected to the line side of the switch. If it's reversed, the light would stay on.  If wires are not connected wrong, the switch may be bad.  I would stay on the problem until corrected as it will be a drain on the battery.  You could also disconnect battery until problem is solved.  Good Luck, Nathan
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.221 seconds with 24 queries.