Started by evansjoem, April 08, 2015, 09:01:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

evansjoem

updates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lee Smith

Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

Lipripper

Looking good and how long before we see some fishing reports with some fish you caught out of it.  ;D

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

evansjoem

May 20th I'm going for 4 days

Lipripper

Good for you and I might still be out on my Crappie fishing trip I'm starting on May the 1st.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

evansjoem

Nice.  I made all my throttle and shift linkage brackets. 

evansjoem

Oldfart9999

Coming along quite nicely! ~c~ ~c~
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

evansjoem

Drilled, tapped and welded some pool ball grip levers

evansjoem

LED bow lights

vabassin

Those pool balls are pretty sweet man! Cool to see more guys going the led route. I put them on my boat for 2 reasons. One because if you have a trolling motor, that flush some light won't work so you need to get the red and green post, which I think looks stupid and cheap. And two being they are the brightest alternative. I Def feel comfortable traveling at dusk/night with them. Digging the build! Really makes me want to finish mine and put a side console in

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

evansjoem

Quote from: vabassin on April 16, 2017, 08:01:56 AM
Those pool balls are pretty sweet man! Cool to see more guys going the led route. I put them on my boat for 2 reasons. One because if you have a trolling motor, that flush some light won't work so you need to get the red and green post, which I think looks stupid and cheap. And two being they are the brightest alternative. I Def feel comfortable traveling at dusk/night with them. Digging the build! Really makes me want to finish mine and put a side console in

Thank you wiring was crappy cause it had zero insulation and freys very easily, kept grounding out

vabassin

Yea those little 20-22 guage wires really suck. I crimped it to 16, rolled the thin stuff up, and hung it up under my trolling motor support deck at the bow. The 16 guage is what i used to route back to the switch panel.

Oldfart9999

If it doesn't say COAST Guard Approved it is a ticket waiting to happen. They do not have a sense of humor and when it comes to safety the do a lot of frowning. They put their approval on what they know to be reliable.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

vabassin

Quote from: Oldfart9999 on April 17, 2017, 07:44:01 AM
If it doesn't say COAST Guard Approved it is a ticket waiting to happen. They do not have a sense of humor and when it comes to safety the do a lot of frowning. They put their approval on what they know to be reliable.
Rodney
Very true. Iv been out on the Chesapeake bay in a buddies boat and were stopped. They check the whole thing out. The lakes I fish have little to no law enforcement presence. Except for Lake Anna. But those wardens/sheriff's mainly look for life jackets and licenses. We shall see if I get any flack on the lights!

evansjoem

I have a small portable bow light if all else fails

evansjoem

So I went to fire up the motor......no spark.  So I just bought 2 plugs cause the were old... two new coils and a cdi powerpack.  $150

evansjoem

Quote from: evansjoem on April 20, 2017, 11:17:30 PM
So I went to fire up the motor......no spark.  So I just bought 2 plugs cause the were old... two new coils and a cdi powerpack.  $150

So the bad news is.... boat still won't start and still has no spark.  Good news is............well no good news ugh!

vabassin

Quote from: evansjoem on April 26, 2017, 11:20:46 PM
So the bad news is.... boat still won't start and still has no spark.  Good news is............well no good news ugh!

Might be a stupid question but it's worth it to double check. Are they the correct coils and power pack for the motor? Iv ordered the wrong ones myself lol also I had an old motor in the same situation as yours, I took it to a buddy who is a marine motor mechanic. And he told me it was my condenser. Couldn't tell you how to fix it or how much since I had a parts motor for parts and I paid him with beer. But it's worth a shot depending on how much the part is. Good luck!

evansjoem

I will double check. I don't think I have a condenser

vabassin

Yea I think it depends on if it's electrical or not. Did you make a post in the motor thread on tinboats?

evansjoem

Yes I think

evansjoem

Bass boat boards too

evansjoem

Well got it to start but it won't stay running

vabassin

Quote from: evansjoem on May 08, 2017, 07:23:32 PM