Where is everybody?

Started by BassCatBates, April 15, 2015, 11:09:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BassCatBates

It's spring fellas, we oughta be blowing this board up with fish stories..... come on fellas!!!!!!
2009 MediaBass South Arkansas Division Angler of the Year.

Union County Bass Club.

Polaris425

Let's see, two weeks ago I put 14 Bass in the Sabre livewell...

And last weekend 19....

So I've had to let her air out a little lately...  ~fff

None really to write home about, though I did pick up one 3lber... and put her back to be caught another day.

And a few other smaller ones we threw back (there's a 15" & over rule in these lakes. anything over goes back in)

Fishin' Alabama
Building Rods, & Snatchin' Lips.

BassCatBates

Nice!!!!! 

My partner and I are second in the points in our circuit right now.  We are on Wright Patman in East Texas this weekend.  It's high and the fish are in a funk from all reports I've heard.  We are going up Friday morning to get in a little pre-fish time and try to put a gameplan together.  It's gonna be tough fishing so a good bag here could really help our AOY chances.
Hope to have some pics after the weekend.

Union County Bass Club.

FishinCustody

Florida First Responder Tournament...

Bass Boat Central Okeechobee Rally...

BassCatBates

Those are some PIGS!!!!

Well the tournament went about as bad as we could possibly have imagined.  We went over Friday and had some trolling motor issues.  Got it to Jones Trolling Motor in Texarkana and he got us going again (btw he's been a bass cat owner for over 30 years) 
Got back on the lake about 1:30 and never had a largemouth bite.  We probably caught over 100 BIG whites and so we at least had some fun.....
Changed everything up Sat morning..... never got a keeper... just 3 short fish.  To make it worse, some locals busted 25 lbs and pretty much kicked everyones butt.  The guys leading the points caught 20 lbs and have a huge lead now... we dropped from 2nd to 7th with the zero.  One keeper would have easily kept us in second place but it didn't happen. 
Truth be told we didn't deserve to be in contention the way we fished this weekend.  It was tough and there were only 3 limits and 7 zeros, but we should be better than that.  No excuses, we just sucked.
hopefully better days are ahead.

Union County Bass Club.

DonM

BCB, I lived in El Dorado for ten years, back in the late 60s early 70s.  One of my favorite places to fish was up Champagnolle Creek. 
I wonder if it is still good?  I lived on Calion Lake for a year or so too.
DonM
DonM

domination2580

Amazing fish. Wish we had those sizes in lake lake mitchell.

BassCatBates

DonM

I know a lot of guys that still catch 'em in Champagnolle Creek.  I've never fished it much but I do enjoy that section of River around Calion.  In the summer time you can catch a bunch of spotted bass and some decent largemouth if you know where to go.... and during the week it gets very little pressure. 

Union County Bass Club.

DonM

We used to see some alligators on the creek too!  About a 15' boat was probably the biggest you would want to use there.
I remember fishing the river too, and mostly hitting the outside bends.  Always some fish there.
Thanks!
DonM
DonM

FishinCustody

Thanks guys.

I was on a roll there for a bit... ~bb

Sooner or later reality will catch up with me  ~roflmao

Polaris425

Anyone catching them?

I went friday night from 7-1030 but only caught two...

Pulled up to my first spot, a small little pocket along the bank of the main river, threw a small rapala DT10 in there and caught two in the first 5 casts... thought I had it figured out....

didn't get another bite the whole time. Hopefully this weekend will be better.
Fishin' Alabama

podcast

I've been workin a well known bass lake. Not monsters like above but good fun on decent size bass and it's been a no go 2 weekends in a row now, and I mean not a fish in the boat at all. Trolling through the shallows they're definitely there and visible but they sure could not care any less bout your lure. Hopefully they turn on quickly. It's been cold this past week but when that turns around I'm lookin for some fun no doubt.

BassCatBates

not much water time for me in the last couple of weeks,...... but i did secure a little extra teaching load in the summer that should speed up the new boat process!  So hopefully soon after the baby comes in August, I will be getting to work on finding a new Cat!!!    ;D

Union County Bass Club.

Polaris425

I've been cleaning.

Still have a ways to go though.
Fishin' Alabama

Elwood

Nice job Polaris ~c~ ~c~  The wheels look great.

I have been very busy with work and not near enough time on the water......that is going to change ..... soon!

Glad to see everyone is catching a few and post some pics.

Elwood
Bass Cat Boats Moderator / Dobyns Rods Pro Staff
2020 Bass Cat Eyra 2020 Mercury 300R 4S