Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thank you! Sorry about the wait...

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

X Zone Lures

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yo-Zuri for Topwater/Jerbait?  (Read 865 times)

rockchalk06

• Ultimate Basser
Yo-Zuri for Topwater/Jerbait?
« on: April 22, 2015, 04:31:08 PM »

With my new 635CB, I going to double it as a Topwater/Jerkbait rod. Problem is, I normally use braid for Topwater and Fluoro for Jerkbaits. I'm looking for a happy medium between the two. I throw Jerbaits appox 80% of the year and Topwater the rest.

I've never tried Yo-Zuri Hybrid. Hows it do on floating? How's it compare to mono on taking in water? Hows the stretch? Hows the diameter compared to mono/fluoro and lastly, hows the longevity?

I hate the water take on, stretch and longevity of mono. I only use it very very rare occasions. If not Yo-Zuri, what else would you recommend for this double application?

Thanks in advance

Bassinlou

• CM Community Diplomat
  • Mr. Frogger
Re: Yo-Zuri for Topwater/Jerbait?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2015, 04:46:47 PM »

Yozuri will get the job done, however in this particular set of techniques I would choose mono. Mono allows the bait to move bit more fluid which is what I prefer. With yozuri you will still get nice movement of the bait but the movement will be a little stiffer for my preference.
Team 4 Community Diplomat
Forum Moderator for: Florida, Catch of the Day and Bank Fishing for Bass
Florida Bass Fishing Reports

loomisguy

• Lunker
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2015, 06:31:28 PM »

I think the best compromise is sunline defier. It handles and casts better than any mono or co poly I've ever used and the diameter is good. I usually throw the 11lb for topwater and jerkbaits
  Yo zuri handles good but it's thick compared to defier.   supernatural or good ol maxima would also be good choices.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 06:44:44 PM by loomisguy »

rockchalk06

• Ultimate Basser
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2015, 07:10:42 PM »

I think the best compromise is sunline defier. It handles and casts better than any mono or co poly I've ever used and the diameter is good. I usually throw the 11lb for topwater and jerkbaits
  Yo zuri handles good but it's thick compared to defier.   supernatural or good ol maxima would also be good choices.

That Defier is expensive! I've used Supernatural and still have a 330 yard spool. The line impressed me for the stretch, but coiled like a mother after a few months.

I'll do some reading on the Defier though. Thanks.

rockchalk06

• Ultimate Basser
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2015, 07:12:53 PM »

Yozuri will get the job done, however in this particular set of techniques I would choose mono. Mono allows the bait to move bit more fluid which is what I prefer. With yozuri you will still get nice movement of the bait but the movement will be a little stiffer for my preference.

My biggest grip about most mono's was the stretch. This CB is a bit "whippier" than my Avid MF. I thought with the added flex, I could so stiffer on the line?

LgMouthGambler

• Ultimate Basser
  • Shimano, Daiwa, HawgTech, Dobyns, LSCR, Megabass
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2015, 08:05:16 AM »

My biggest grip about most mono's was the stretch. This CB is a bit "whippier" than my Avid MF. I thought with the added flex, I could so stiffer on the line?

I use YoZuri for my spooks and plugs. No problems.
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 23 queries.