LMG Lee Smith Custom Rods Pitching Rod

Started by LgMouthGambler, April 30, 2015, 06:33:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Batson-Brands

lol.. oh the joys of reading what people learn about rods vs trusting experts..
I love that you love your rod! Also Lee Smith is the man. Been building for a long time and knows his stuff.

LgMouthGambler

Yes he does. I trust him with everything rod related.
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

LgMouthGambler

Man I tried like hell to give that rod a workout Sunday at the lake. I will tell you that the Liberty blank is unreal. Talk about feeling the fish thinking about biting, lol. Paired with the Fuji Torzite guides, that thing is sensitive, and strong too. I had a hard time pulling the fish through the mats we were fishing, even with the Dobyns Champion736 for that metter. But the feel is just soo sweet, and that rod was bent over on itself quite a few times and no disappointment on this side. Drag on the IP locked down with 50# braid, and the drag pulled before the rod thought about giving up. Big time satisfaction from me with the Liberty blank, and props to Lee for making that choice for me.

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

rockchalk06

You're really diggin that Liberty blank aren't you?

Capt. BassinLou

That cover was unforgiving that's for sure.

Batson-Brands

Great build!! Honestly you can't beat a custom! The custom rod you get everything you want!