Central MD Reservoir

Started by huh?, May 28, 2015, 09:22:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

huh?

Been a tough year on my local mudhole but the water is finally clearing up, deep weedbeds starting up, fish getting over the dreaded post-spawn funk.  Temps from 77 downlake to 82 uplake shallows scream Summer Peak, get the net!

Rapala DT14 in Olive Green Craw caught the 5.99 lber

DT16 in Old School got the catfish.

also released a Striper and another small bass.

this lake is sullen but streaky, with definite peak periods.  most days it just kicks your butt and sends you packing.

Lipripper

Looks like you got a nice mixed bag of nice looking fish.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

LgMouthGambler

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

mo65

I caught my first catfish on a crank this year a few days ago. It's that time of year when they will really smash a crank. Nice catches!  ~c~

huh?

early Fall is also catfish crankbait time.  neat fish.

I was hoping for a giant LMB but could tell by the fight it was not likely a Striper or LMB.  Instead of straight freight train runs (striper) or a barfight of short, quick punches and runs(LMB) it swam down and circled.

Lipripper

Them Big catfish are fun to catch on a UL. We caught several of them on my last Crappie trip on our 12' with 4lb test spider wire throwing a 1/8oz roadrunner with a crappie slider on it. It took abou 1/2 hr to get it in the boat. ~sweat

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet