Strange Bumps on Catfish

Started by Bigwrench, May 30, 2015, 05:03:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigwrench

My buddy Mark sent me a message asking if I had ever seen anything like this before on a Catfish.
  He was night fishing South Holston Thursday night and caught 2 cats that both had what appeared to be "Warts" all over them. I told him I had no idea but would ask my UB family for help. He threw em both back .

Closer shot

Any ideas what that is ?
Stop by the Garage and let me know if you have Maintenance issues that you need assistance with.

Lipripper

Pimples ..Acne  ~roflmao ~roflmao  I've seen a few catfish in my days but have never seen one with them kind of bumps on them. With all the stuff we have put in the water system I wouldn't be surprised thought.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Lipripper

It might take a few days but let me check with some of my old catfishing buddies and see what I can find out.

Bigwrench

Quote from: Lipripper on May 30, 2015, 09:05:04 AM
It might take a few days but let me check with some of my old catfishing buddies and see what I can find out.
Thanks Brother !
Stop by the Garage and let me know if you have Maintenance issues that you need assistance with.

Lipripper

The first thing that came to my mind was some sort of parasitic infection. I ask around and shared the pictures and so far that's what I'm hearing. I will ask a couple more spot also.  :-* You could sent the picture to your DNR and see what they think.