July 2015 FL Bragging Rights BS Thread

Started by Capt. BassinLou, June 30, 2015, 03:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Lipripper on July 02, 2015, 01:27:32 PM
I tried that too but they didn't go for it. Must be a Yankee fish thing.  lo lo
That part I get but I was wondering about the full fish picture that would go on the front of a BASS Mag. lo lo
Yeah....lol... those pics will not be a ruler shot, that will be a pic of me holding the pig with a big smile on my face. ;)

SFL BassHunter

Lou as you know you can count me in for my first classic. Hopefully ill have my boat ready to go by then lol.  If so I can be a boater. :)
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

bassindude

Quote from: West6550 on July 01, 2015, 01:30:06 PM
Lol nice Count lol

I would love to attend but I am not sure at this point.  In the process of possibly changing jobs so I might be unavailable in October.

Good luck everybody! Except Lou and Fred lol
Again!!
Jim ><///'>><///'>

Lipripper

Quote from: CountBassula on July 02, 2015, 07:11:12 PM
17"

I see now Y'all put the ol count lip lock on them to hold them still.  lo lo

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

bassindude

Quote from: Lipripper on July 02, 2015, 11:41:43 AM
Count  ~roflmao ~roflmao ~roflmao love them pictures. I have a question for y'all Fl Boys. How do y'all get them fish to stay still long enough to poss while y'all are trying to measure them. Mine keep jumping before I can take their  ;PHO)  lo lo
Biggest problem I have is being able to see whats in the picture because the sun is shining on the screen of my phone. 

Jim
Jim ><///'>><///'>

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: bassindude on July 02, 2015, 07:37:15 PM
Biggest problem I have is being able to see whats in the picture because the sun is shining on the screen of my phone. 

Jim
That's a good point Jim, my brother in law screws up a lot of my pics of nice fish because he can't see the screen well. Lol!!

bassindude

Hey Lou, In the june BR you had me with 8 pts but wasnt listed in the standings. 

Jim
Jim ><///'>><///'>

CountBassula

Quote from: Lipripper on July 02, 2015, 07:35:30 PM
I see now Y'all put the ol count lip lock on them to hold them still.  lo lo

yep, it helps to make sure they're still; i lay the tape down first, then slide it from left to right until the end of tail is lined up with start of tape; i hold them down and snap a pic with my other hand; sometimes though they like to life the tail up, so i have to smack'em on the butt and repeat  ;D
, , ,

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: bassindude on July 02, 2015, 07:48:50 PM
Hey Lou, In the june BR you had me with 8 pts but wasnt listed in the standings. 

Jim

Jim, thank you, I depend on you guys to keep me in check. I apologize. I went ahead and made the correction to reflect your standings. You are tied with Rick.  ;)

Lipripper

My camera is so small a little smaller than a cigarette pack and not as thick and when you have big fingers like me it's hard to take a picture without pushing another button. lo lo

I'm going to have to get a bigger tape measure here's all I had just to see how long they were and tried to take a  ;PHO) without holding them down and they always do this.

Guess I'm going to have to start using the Count Lip Lock tail tap on them.  lo lo

CountBassula

any new guys here that did not see the "historical video documentaries" of the fishing tournaments?  ~c~
, , ,

Capt. BassinLou

Yikes Lip!!! Your fish up there are really camera shy.... lol!! ;)

Lipripper

Quote from: CountBassula on July 02, 2015, 08:12:27 PM
any new guys here that did not see the "historical video documentaries" of the fishing tournaments?  ~c~
I've seen them and too funny. lo lo

Quote from: Bassinlou on July 02, 2015, 08:12:37 PM
Yikes Lip!!! Your fish up there are really camera shy.... lol!! ;)
You got that right  ::) I guess y'all southern strain come form movie stock and love getting their  ;PHO) taken and these yankee bass are afraid their  ;PHO) might be on the wall at the post office. lo lo

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Lipripper on July 02, 2015, 08:28:23 PM
I've seen them and too funny. lo lo
You got that right  ::) I guess y'all southern strain come form movie stock and love getting their  ;PHO) taken and these yankee bass are afraid their  ;PHO) might be on the wall at the post office. lo lo
Lol... I think you may be right Lip.

SFL BassHunter

Lip in the Non BS Thread you mentioned the " add up...they only do that if you catch more than one. LOL I am still bitter about last month. This month will be different. Look out!
~bu

Hey Lou...do Black SEA BASS count?

lol I know, I know, they aren't actually bass, they are from the grouper family. But Grouper and Sea Bass look very similar to their freshwater counterparts and have "Large Mouths" 

Just sayin...
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Lipripper

A Bass is a Bass right lo lo and some of them look like bass so if Count can paint snook  ~roflmao ~roflmao

Lipripper

Quote from: BradentonBass on July 01, 2015, 08:16:58 PM

This is what I'm talking about see how it's just laying then so BB can take it's picture. lo lo

CountBassula

Quote from: rickdelprado on July 02, 2015, 08:50:07 PM
Lip in the Non BS Thread you mentioned the " add up...they only do that if you catch more than one. LOL I am still bitter about last month. This month will be different. Look out!
~bu

Hey Lou...do Black SEA BASS count?

lol I know, I know, they aren't actually bass, they are from the grouper family. But Grouper and Sea Bass look very similar to their freshwater counterparts and have "Large Mouths" 

Just sayin...

if you paint them green they do  :o

you gotta come up to Coral Springs one day, i'll take you to my honey hole  ;D
, , ,

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: CountBassula on July 02, 2015, 09:13:54 PM
if you paint them green they do  :o

you gotta come up to Coral Springs one day, i'll take you to my honey hole  ;D
Sweet! I might be able to catch some saltwater largemouth! I hope i catch one of them goliath largemouth cause then i may only need the 1. Lol

Cool thanks for the invite. I like trying new fishing spots.
Florida Bass Fishing

Deadeye

Lip, some days they just lay there and wait nicely and some days they flip like crazy. When their flipping I just lay my hand on them in the Mid Section and hold them still while taking the photo.

Lipripper

Quote from: Deadeye on July 03, 2015, 09:54:56 AM
Lip, some days they just lay there and wait nicely and some days they flip like crazy. When their flipping I just lay my hand on them in the Mid Section and hold them still while taking the photo.
These yankee bass must think if they stay still for more than a second they might not get back in the water. lo lo
I'm going back out for a few hours in the morning and if I catch some will have to try that Count Lip Lock smak em in the tail thing and see if it will work on them. lo lo Oh I got a bigger tape too ;D

BradentonBass

Quote from: Lipripper on July 02, 2015, 09:11:02 PM
This is what I'm talking about see how it's just laying then so BB can take it's picture. lo lo
I only catch well behaved fish The camera on my phone is fast so I can take multiple pics in a split second. Then I just pick the best one. My problem is my ruler, tall grass and unleveled bank. Next time at BPS I am gonna try the wide ruler.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: BradentonBass on July 03, 2015, 11:49:37 AM
I only catch well behaved fish The camera on my phone is fast so I can take multiple pics in a split second. Then I just pick the best one. My problem is my ruler, tall grass and unleveled bank. Next time at BPS I am gonna try the wide ruler.
For $8 that ruler will serve u well. The only thing that sucks about that ruler is the little plastic bumper flap. It breaks off pretty fast.

Capt. BassinLou

~flag May all you have a great and safe 4th of July.  ~gf

Lipripper

Quote from: Bassinlou link=topic=124316.msg1347045#msg1347045 d ;Date=1435955799
~flag May all you have a great and safe 4th of July.  ~gf
You too Lou and the rest of my Fl fishing pals as well.