Stren Magnaflex

Started by OHbassaholic, March 21, 2006, 12:39:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OHbassaholic

Just found out from my contact at Pure Fishing that Dick's Sporting Goods didn't order any Magnaflex this year.  Next time you pop in to one of the DSG stores let them know to start carrying it again if you use it.

bassindude

Hate to hear that.  Man I really hope it isn't discontinued like the floro was.  I'm in big trouble if it is, its my favorite.
Jim ><///'>><///'>

OHbassaholic

Pure Fishing is still producing it.

topcat

thanks ...for the report...OHbassaholic...I am glad to know that they are still making it.......I dreaded having to try a new line during the tourney season....and the next time I am at dicks...I will mentioned it...........

Topcat

topcat

OHBassaholic.....my local Bass shop is no longer carrying a lot of  the Stren products.....I was told...they are pushing that Dura tuff line by Stren....I am out done...hate to order line.........

I feel like that is one thing that should be gotten local...then you can tell kinda about the shelf time.....I would hate to buy line and then send it back....and wait till they send it back.....no mater if it is the pound spool or the regular spool..I don't want to wait on line

Topcat

OHbassaholic

I'm wondering if our fears, when Berkley bought out Stren, are coming to pass...

I would lay odds that Berkley increased the price of the latest Stren products prior to the buyout, and offering that new DuraFlex at low prices since it came out post-buyout.  ~rant

bass1cpr

OHB i think it may be more of Pure Fishing didn't keep any of the Old Stren reps or Distributors when they bought out Stren. They moved everything to Spirit Lake and put their own Distribution network into place.
A fish a day keeps postal away. See fishing is relaxing.  Member B.A.S.S.  Illinois B.A.S.S. Federation Nation

topcat

I agree with both of you OHbassaholic and Bass1cpr.....I think that what we feared is coming to pass...and they probably did let all of the Stren rep. go and kept their people.......as a result we are losing a good line..........

Topcat