Hayden Summer Resume

Started by haydensumner, August 09, 2015, 10:35:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haydensumner

About me:

My name is Hayden Sumner.  I am 14years old and live in Tallahassee , FL ,which is in the Panhandle of Florida.  I love the outdoors !! But I love to Fish.  I am a Christian and put God and family before everything else.

My Occupation:

I don't work because I'm to young , but I help out with my family when ever they need help.

Sponsor promotion:

I will go beyond what is required for a pro staff or field staff position.  I love the sport of fishing and well promote your products constantly. I will have your logo on my fishing jersey and my boat. I will promote your products at the tournaments that I fish. I will do everything I can to educate people about your product and get your product name out in the fishing community.
www.facebook.com/Hayden Sumner
www.youtube.com/HaydenSumner
www.instagram.com/_hayden_sumner

Sponsor for 2015:

Tanookisports.com

Fishing:

I have been bass fishing for as long as I can remember.  It is something that I just fell in love with when I was Smaller.  I am on the water almost every weekend 12 months a year. I also fish my local circuit tournament trails.  I am just looking to fish on a larger tournament scale than I am now.  I have only been fishing tournaments this past year.

In Closing:

I believe that I would be a great asset to your company. Sales take special kind of person.  I am that person.  Selling a product takes product knowledge, and I learn very quickly. I believe to promote a product to the best of your ability. I have a very up-beat personality and make friends with customers and vendors very fast.  I would represent your company.

Thank you and I look forward to working for you!

Contact me:

Hayden Sumner
Ph# 229-529-6705
e-mail – [Please enable JavaScript to see this content]

Mike Cork

Hayden,

I'm not sure where to start on this, but we'll take a couple things and run with it.

First is that this is a direct copy of someone else's resume. I've got many years in the bass fishing world and if you appear (on paper or in person) just like every other angler, you blend into the crowd and are NOT what companies are looking for. Companies need someone that stands out. Companies get hundreds of resumes and application every month. Let's say it takes 5 minutes on average to read a resume and you get just 2 hundred in a month (this is very low ball) that means you've spent 1,000 minutes of your month away from your companies actual business at hand. That's roughly 16.5 hours of the month or over two full days. A company owner already works 12-16 hours a day. That owner is going to throw most resumes in the trash in the first 30 seconds, this saves him a tremendous amount of valuable time.

You need your resume to cover the basic facts, but if in those first few seconds the company owner says "I've seen this before", he thinks 1) he's already turned you down and your trying again. This is bad because he knows you didn't make the cut before and won't waste time again 2) he thinks, this is a copy or standard format and you aren't different enough to stand out.

If you had permission to copy this resume, then good on you for asking first. If you did not then its plagiarism and that is not a good thing. Hopefully you asked first.

Borrowing a format that you like from all those posted here is great, just plug in your own words. Key in on all the things that make you different and make a company owner excited to talk to you.

We should move this to the Chop Shop section of this forum and I'd be glad to help you dial it in. If you'd like to do that, let me know and I'll get it moved there. Then once you have a great resume you can post it back in this board

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service