Sometaniumthing bad is about to happen.

Started by LgMouthGambler, September 22, 2015, 09:14:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Down4ttown on September 26, 2015, 11:43:01 AM
Can you explain the DC system in comparison to svs and vbs?
Here is a good read on how the DC system by Shimano works.

On the VBS and SVS systems, it's a centrifugal style system that pushes brake blocks against a drum. DC is all...well you read the article. Lol

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Pferox

Is it in a waterproof container?  What happens if it gets wet, or worse yet, dunked.

Do you have to use your thumb at all?  Just trying to comprehend this bit of Hitech redneck stuff.
"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Pferox on September 26, 2015, 02:26:21 PM
Is it in a waterproof container?  What happens if it gets wet, or worse yet, dunked.

Do you have to use your thumb at all?  Just trying to comprehend this bit of Hitech redneck stuff.
Nothing. It's waterproof. No thumb needed if set right. Just need to stop the spool, that's all.
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Pferox

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on September 26, 2015, 03:08:56 PM
Nothing. It's waterproof. No thumb needed if set right. Just need to stop the spool, that's all.

That is cool, and important around here since it always seems that reels get dunked when you least expect it on the beach.
"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Pferox on September 26, 2015, 04:24:19 PM
That is cool, and important around here since it always seems that reels get dunked when you least expect it on the beach.
It's a magnesium reel, no salt water allowed.

Pferox

LgMouthGambler

Tossing this reel on Okeechobee yesterday was just a pleasant experience. Even with the wind, I was able to cast right into it with no problems. Really made getting to spots that I normally would have a heck of a time casting to certain spots with the wind, but there were no issues with this reel. Very happy with this purchase, it fits the bill for what I needed perfectly.

Lee Smith

Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

Sc Bassin

I have several of the older Shimano DC reels (Antares & Calais) Which make life much easier fishing in the wind. I have fished in the rain with them with no problems but have not gave one a bath as of yet. I grew fishing in salt water (Great South Bay) & know what salt water does to your equipment. I would not spend the money to purchase one of these reels to fish in salt water on a chance that it would be ok without speaking with Shimano first. I do not think that digital control circuit board & salt air will mix well but there is a question for Shimano. They might have a protective coating on it.

Lipripper

Quote from: Sc Bassin on September 28, 2015, 09:47:57 AM
I have several of the older Shimano DC reels (Antares & Calais) Which make life much easier fishing in the wind. I have fished in the rain with them with no problems but have not gave one a bath as of yet. I grew fishing in salt water (Great South Bay) & know what salt water does to your equipment. I would not spend the money to purchase one of these reels to fish in salt water on a chance that it would be ok without speaking with Shimano first. I do not think that digital control circuit board & salt air will mix well but there is a question for Shimano. They might have a protective coating on it.
Oh this is one of them fancy CB reels I've heard about. lo lo

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

LgMouthGambler

Lipripper

Here we go again. lo lo LMG I would thing with all the parts you cahange out you could build a reel with them. lo lo

LgMouthGambler

Actually. Lol. I have enough parts to rebuild a Curado50

Lipripper

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on October 01, 2015, 02:03:20 PM
Actually. Lol. I have enough parts to rebuild a Curado50
All you would need is a frame but then aging you jsut might have one of them around there somewhere too. ~roflmao ~roflmao

rockchalk06

Jack pot! Pictures or it didn't happen lol

LgMouthGambler

LgMouthGambler

Internals are pretty basic. Always a Shimano plus.

LgMouthGambler

Everything with this reel is extremely light.

Lipripper

I have to hand it to you LMG if I took one of them things apart I would have all kinds of parts left over when I put it back together. lo lo

LgMouthGambler

LgMouthGambler

Lipripper

LgMouthGambler

Not much grease from the factory, so I greased the gears and put some star drag grease on the drag.

LgMouthGambler

LgMouthGambler