Sometaniumthing bad is about to happen.

Started by LgMouthGambler, September 22, 2015, 09:14:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lipripper

Looks great LMG and not bad only about an hour to do it. ~c~ ~c~

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

LgMouthGambler

Yeah I was going pretty slow. Checking things out. To answer the aluminum gears question, it's not that its a bad thing, I just have a thing about them. In the past they proved to be a bit more "grindy" feeling. If I didn't know better I would have never known without actually seeing it. This thing is smooth, and now even smoother with the proper greasing I do. It's on par with my Zillions with 11 bearings. It's a killer reel for sure, and every component is light and quality.
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Lipripper

Thanks for the answer and it looks great.

MCS

Looks sweet, went with the cork knobs. First for you? I recall you used to have a thing about cork so I am sure you get over your thing about aluminum gears  lo
Romans 1:16    2 Corinthians 5:17     3 John 1:4
"I'm sorry. I'm not very tolerant when it comes to the liberals who complain about everything." Mike Ditka
"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living." John Wayne

LgMouthGambler

Yeah. I sealed the knobs really good with U40. Much better.
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

rockchalk06

hughesjasonk

Where do you order your aftermarket parts from?

Pferox

Looks great!  Then again I like purple on reels.

Aluminum gears tend to be a little brittle in places too, almost like a plastic gear, but a bit more resilient.  Like LMG stated that isn't always a bad thing, just something I have noticed.  I prefer brass or stainless, not only for the corrosion resistance, but also for the robustness, if that is even a word.
"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim

Lipripper

Quote from: Pferox on October 01, 2015, 09:33:32 PM
Looks great!  Then again I like purple on reels.

Aluminum gears tend to be a little brittle in places too, almost like a plastic gear, but a bit more resilient.  Like LMG stated that isn't always a bad thing, just something I have noticed.  I prefer brass or stainless, not only for the corrosion resistance, but also for the robustness, if that is even a word.
'
It is now  ~roflmao

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: hughesjasonk on October 01, 2015, 09:23:04 PM
Where do you order your aftermarket parts from?
The handle is HawgTech, the purple parts are Hedgehog Studios.

LgMouthGambler

Went out with my Wife's grandfather yesterday for a bit. Was trying to give that reel a good workout. I swam swimbaits with it for a while, then decided to pitch with it. Good Lord this thing is a killer pitching reel. It is effortless in slinging the bait, and that DC system keeps the line under control. Tied on a 1/2oz weight and a craw bait with a flipping hook. Didn't catch nothing, but sure had a good time.

Lipripper

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on October 05, 2015, 06:07:27 AM
Went out with my Wife's grandfather yesterday for a bit. Was trying to give that reel a good workout. I swam swimbaits with it for a while, then decided to pitch with it. Good Lord this thing is a killer pitching reel. It is effortless in slinging the bait, and that DC system keeps the line under control. Tied on a 1/2oz weight and a craw bait with a flipping hook. Didn't catch nothing, but sure had a good time.
All right glad you got to test it out and that it was up to muster  ~bb

LgMouthGambler

rockchalk06

One eyed one horned flying purple people eater lo

Down4ttown

Dam0007

MLF Angler - Dobyns Rods, Reynolds Marine, Phoenix Boats, Woo! Tungsten, Berkley Fishing, Rod Glove, Siebert Outdoors, Power Pole, Costa

IG: @dam0007bass