Here is what's gonna be planted on my soon to be LSCR.

Started by LgMouthGambler, August 27, 2014, 07:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lee Smith

Glad you like it Mat!  ~c~  Enjoy for years, and it was an honor to build it for you!!  ;D
Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

MCS

Romans 1:16    2 Corinthians 5:17     3 John 1:4
"I'm sorry. I'm not very tolerant when it comes to the liberals who complain about everything." Mike Ditka
"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living." John Wayne

Lee Smith

Quote from: MCS on October 06, 2014, 08:10:00 AM
So what's the blank? and stats? All I know is 7'

Phenix Ultra MBX, 7' MH fast, balanced internally.

steve76

Great job Lee! Enjoy the new rod LgMouthGambler, that thing is killer with that Curado on there.

LgMouthGambler

Took the rig out in the canal behind the house. Threw lizards and speed worms with it. Fished the lizards on the bottom and through the grass to get some feel. Also, buzzed the speed worms across the top of the water. Managed a few decent fish. One smacked the speed worm in watermelon.

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Donald Garner

Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Lee Smith

How wuz the feel?  Always wonder about that on my end  lo

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Lsmith500 on October 06, 2014, 07:54:45 PM
How wuz the feel?  Always wonder about that on my end  lo

Sorry Lee, that won't be given away till the full review comes out. I plan on fishing Saturday after work with this one rig only. Want to work a few different lures on it. Then, oh yes, then, the true awesomeness will be given in print.
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Lee Smith

Capt. BassinLou

I am witness!! Lee my compliments on such a beautiful rod. All I can say is that LMG really love this thing. He threw for a while on Sunday during our Kissimee Classic. All I would here behind me is " I love this... I love that.... LOL. Was about to say to get a room already!!  ~roflmao

West6550

Beautiful rod dor sure and very detailed.  If it fishes half as good as it looks its awesome at minimum.

Lee Smith

Thanks guys, I sure hope if fishes better than it looks, that's the TRUE end goal!  ;D

ed-disabled-veteran

Man, that is awesome.  Love the colors on that rod and the Confederate fish would have all mu redneck buds drool'n.

You give me something to shoot for after I get my boat in a couple years.  Nice...  Right now I just need to find someone reliable that can rebuild/repair mine and my dad's old 20 year old Lew's reels.  I took them apart and cleaned em up but they still are not working right.  One keeps slipping when you turn the handle after casting and the other just does not cast as smooth as it sbould.  They also need new drags and I am sure the bearings and maybe some gears might need replacing.

Anyway, very nice setup there...
Proud Veteran of our Armed Forces
Please Pray for the Safe Return of our Heroes Serving.
I will fish BASS and FLW one day so watch out! LOL

LgMouthGambler

Some updates for the Curado. Got a Core50mg7 gear set and some ZR Hitobi bearings. Just to add some spice to it. Gonna cast a little farther and reel in a little faster.

Lipripper

Quote from: Batson-Brands on October 07, 2015, 01:38:34 PM
Very nice rod!! Lee builds amazing rods!
I haven't got one yet but I will by the time our hard water is gone next spring. ;D

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet