Just my luck

Started by Elwood, October 23, 2015, 08:21:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elwood

Get the Sabre looking better than she has in a couple of years and wammmm 10 inches of rain forecasted during the Texas Owners Tournament on Lake Fork.  I was looking forward to letting her shine with all the new boats.  But road grim will dull that shine.....lol  I'll try to get a pic and post before the trip to Tx.  A lot of buffing and waxing has her looking new!!!!!!   Hope that everyone has a great and productive weekend be it in the woods or on the water.

Be safe
Elwood
Bass Cat Boats Moderator / Dobyns Rods Pro Staff
2020 Bass Cat Eyra 2020 Mercury 300R 4S

Mike Cork

You could stay home and shine mine up under the car port and we'll both have shiny boats  :-*

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Elwood

Mike......Your boat stays shiny!!!!!  Mother nature would take it away and ground you if it got dirty....ha ha

It might be just as much fun as fishing if we actually get the 10-12 inches forecasted.
Elwood

Mike Cork

You're right about that!

Fork is a funny lake, it might be what it takes to trigger the schooling action and then it's amazing! 5-8 pounders everywhere, useless but everywhere!!!!

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Elwood

The last two years it took five unders each day to win....I did catch big fish one year with a 9.54 lbs that was just 24 1/4 inches.  it was the only over caught out of 97 teams.  but we did not place because we only fished for big fish...I hope the rain fires them up but it will for everyone...
Elwood

Lipripper

Quote from: Elwood on October 23, 2015, 09:23:33 AM
Mike......Your boat stays shiny!!!!!  Mother nature would take it away and ground you if it got dirty....ha ha
lo lo I could just seeing her do that too. ~bb ~bb Elwood good luck and Mike I would love to catch a few of them 5-8 pounder useless fish :shocking: My PB came from that lake when we got together .

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Elwood

Luck did not hold up.....10 minutes into the tournament I caught a 23 1/4 inch fish.....had to throw her back.  Sucks to throw a 7+ back in.  We threw 10-11 inch fish back all day and did not realize that anything under 16 inches could be weighed in.  So we weighed three 14 inch fish the first day.  Day two caught slots and one about 8 inches....threw it back.  Couple locals won second...Congrats to David Brix and Chris Forsythe!!!!!!! 
Elwood