Randy Hopper Resigns from Ranger !!

Started by Bigwrench, November 24, 2015, 07:20:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigwrench

After over 46 years with Ranger Boats it is being reported that Randy Hopper,  President and CEO along with Keith Daffron (VP of Sales) and Mendel Hughes (VP of Finance) have all resigned from the company. 

Makes you wonder what went down and what made the 3 leave at the same time. Will try to find out more info as it becomes available
Can't help but think it's related to the Bass Pro Purchase.
Stop by the Garage and let me know if you have Maintenance issues that you need assistance with.

Mike Cork

Wow!

Randy is almost as synonymous with Ranger as Forrest Wood?

It may be as simple as he was ready to retire and the other two don't want to work for anyone else. After the latest buy out ( Johnny Morris ), there may be changes in place that they just don't want to work with.

I'd love to know the hole story for sure though :-*

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Donald Garner

When I saw that article I looked around and couldn't find anything else.  I too would like to know the "Rest" of the story.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Sc Bassin

Keith Daffron & Mendel Hughes also resigned & this was sent to me by a friend that is some what in the know(50/50).
"Quality issues, these guys will start a new boat company within 7 years".

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: Sc Bassin on November 29, 2015, 11:13:12 PM
Keith Daffron & Mendel Hughes also resigned & this was sent to me by a friend that is some what in the know(50/50).
"Quality issues, these guys will start a new boat company within 7 years".

If that turns out to be accurate then I would have to guess it is due to the buyout. Ranger's quality has spoken for itself up until then.

Same thing happened to Pro Craft after they bought them out and they never came back. Shame.

I guess we will all just have to be patient and wait to see what comes of it.
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire