Hello from Chicagoland

Started by HOGIE, November 26, 2015, 11:06:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HOGIE

Just registered and saying hello ;)

Mike Cork

Hello! And welcome to Ultimate Bass. We have several members from your area so you'll fit right in around here.

Don't be shy, jump right in and share your tips, post a picture of your catches, or ask a question or two.

It's Turkey Day so the guys are off getting fat, but they'll be along to tell you about the great things we have going on here on UB. Just a heads up, once you get five posts you'll be eligible for the New Member drawing so find a couple places to share some great fish catching information and get your post count to 5 :-*

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

HOGIE

Thanks for the welcome.  One question, what if I don't know how to catch fish?  I mean, I have the boat, all the top notch rods and reels.  Endless Plano boxes full of all the good stuff.....but I still can't put even a dink in the box.  I cannot play golf, so that's out....land suggestions?

Mike Cork

I feel like that many times  :surrender: Hang in there, do some reading here and ask some questions and we'll get you on them. I know Chicago is a big place but Lipripper here on the forum we have a member named Lipripper and he's got a couple great places for catching bass. Maybe the two of you can get together :-*

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Smallie_Stalker

Hey Hogie. Welcome to the Ultimate Bass family! Pleasure to have you with us. Pull up a chair, make yourself right at home and jump in wherever you feel comfortable. 

Like Mike said, just hang in there. It will all come together eventually.

Check out the Illinois Bass Fishing Reports board to see if there is any local info. there that might get you headed in the right direction. And don't be shy about asking as many questions as you can think of. The members here are always willing to step up and try to help each other out as much as possible.  :)

If you would like to win some free gear from some of the great companies that sponsor our site be sure and put your name in for the New Member's Contest and the Weekly Contests .

In the meantime if I can be of any help with anything please don't hesitate to contact me. Looking forward to seeing you around the boards and to learning from what you share with us.

Once again, Welcome!

><> Smallie_Stalker  <><
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

hughesjasonk

LgMouthGambler

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

tooboocoo

Welcome from Washington State!   ~cf

Donald Garner

hogie

Welcome to the UltimateBass Family we're glad you're here  ~c~
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Bigwrench

Welcome to the family brother !
Stop by the Garage and let me know if you have Maintenance issues that you need assistance with.

cojab

Hey Hogie, Welcome aboard.
I have a bunch of good gear also including just buying a boat early this year. It was a leap of faith for me because I'm pretty new to this also. My first two times out on the water = nothing, nada, zilch, zero. I think I caught my first one the third time out. Got skunked the next time after that then caught a couple the next time.
This coming year I'm going to hammer them!!!! Keep with it.
TTK has spoken.

Polaris425

Welcome!! Glad you joined up.

This is the best fishing forum online. Lots of great people & great info here.

I have a small tackle shop. If there's anything you need, feel free to give me a shout.
Fishin' Alabama
Building Rods, & Snatchin' Lips.