What Browser do you use

Started by Mike Cork, December 12, 2015, 11:56:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cork

Just curious....

I used to hate IE but since I was forced into Win 10, I've been forced to use it again. Simply because my favorite FireFox is not working properly with some sites that I visit. I'm not sure of the logistics but an example is

I got to a website monthly to obtain coupons. Since upgrading to Win 10, when using FireFox, the site tells me my browser needs updated to view the site. I have the most current version of FireFox?

Just haven't got comfortable with the Edge Browser that came with Win 10. I was getting used to it but it won't let me use smilies in forum posts? Not that I use a bunch but it's frustrating that it doesn't work. I don't know if that is something on our end or not....

So what browsers do you all use?

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

68camaro

Several years ago we switched to macs and safari, never looked back. Huge improvement over Windows and IE.

I don''t waana start operating systems wars apple is very trouble free and I do use Firefox on Apple as well.
Dobyns, LSCR, JB Custom, Megabass

tooboocoo

Firefox.....I'm sticking with Windows 7 as long as I can.  ;D

Donald Garner

Internet Explorer on my laptop and Safari on my iPhone.  Haven't had any real issues yet.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Smallie_Stalker

Between Linux and Windows I've got about 8 browsers across the two different OSs. But I use Chrome about 99% of the time on both.
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Mike Cork

I haven't used chrome in years, might have to look at that one again.

IE works, just seems like it constantly stalls, even just a second or two is annoying. Especially when typing.

Cork's Reel Service

Kris

I've been using Chrome for a couple of years now.  I know there is a problem with this computer and keep asking the wife so I can bring up the new one.  She keeps telling me that she needs to get some information off this old one that never seems to get done.  I really do like Chrome compared to the old IE. I think IE8, I was using
Reservoir fishing in MD, Vietnam Vet, Retired
Ouachita 16' Model B, Minn Kota, Lowrance, Raymarine
Moderator - Maryland Fishing Reports and Chat

DocIrv

Tried firefox but it went down hill and IE is, so-so but using chrome for years now and it does a good job
UB members get a 20% discount. Use the coupon code UB20 during check out. If you are not satisfied with the color or texture of your custom made Doc Irv baits just let me know and I will redo it at no cost to you to your satisfaction, because I am not happy unless you are happy.*
*But if you are one of those people who is never satisfied then I ret

bigjim5589

I did the Win 10 upgrade too, so I've been using Edge. I had Chrome & IE before with Win 7. I don't like IE, IMo navigation in IE sucks, and I had a lot of crashing problems with Chrome. I've used it with Win 10, but it still crashes. I like Chrome for it's features, much better than Edge.

I've had the same problems with not being able to use the smiley's and Edge isn't as responsive as I would like. Of course that could be my internet too.
Fanatical Fly Tyer & Tackle Maker!  It's An OBSESSION!!  J. Hester Fly & Tackle Co. LLC.

caddyjoe77

Opera Developer, and Chrome on my Linux Box.  The Firefox plugin for flash works like crap since flash has to update every day it seems like.  HTML5 will be amazing once it becomes the de facto standard across the 'net.

Firefox when I am forced to use Windows.

Mike, it sounds like the majority of your problem is javascript based.  Just my opinion. 

Also, lately there are some ad's within certain sites that make browsers run like complete junk.  Mostly because I doubt they follow any kind of javascript standard methodology.  Just my opinion....
BeerMe

DonM

No problems with Chrome on Win 10, 8, 7...  I like how it will coordinate all your computers and tablets automatically if you want it to. 
DonM
DonM

Pferox

I've been using Chrome for quite a few years with no problems, Edge isn't bad, there are just some quirks that I find frustrating.
"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim

Princeton_Man

IMO, Firefox is still the more secure browser. I simply don't trust Microsoft.

Microsoft is doing everything in their power to cripple Firefox.

Mike, if you upgraded to Windows 10, uninstall Firefox (keep your bookmarks or a backup of them), Reboot, then install the latest Firefox. https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/channel/#firefox.

Make Firefox your default browser. https://blog.mozilla.org/futurereleases/2015/07/29/firefox-for-windows-10-how-to-restore-or-choose-firefox-as-your-default-browser/

Try again. By default, You'll have to tell Firefox to allow Flash to run, by default Flash was disabled by Firefox because of security concerns. -Jim

Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Mike Cork

Thanks for all the inputs  ~c~ I'm going to play with some of the suggestions :-*

Cork's Reel Service