A Little Computer Help please

Started by OCBassman, January 03, 2016, 10:49:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OCBassman

Ever since I got my new laptop. I cant get the similes or links to work in posts. I click on them and nothing. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanx Tim

Pferox

Are you using the browser that came with Windows 10?  I think it is called Edge.

Download another browser like Internet explorer or Chrome, or Firefox, or something like that.

Edge is an app and is quite limited, those things that you are experiencing aren't built into it yet.
"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim

Ron Fogelson

It's a Win 10 issue, I'm in the same boat after upgrading my desktop from 8 to 10

Oldfart9999

I have a new laptop with win 10, I use chrome and have no problem.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Pferox

Quote from: Oldfart9999 on January 03, 2016, 04:02:14 PM
I have a new laptop with win 10, I use chrome and have no problem.
Rodney

I'm using Chrome too with no problems.
"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim

Ron Fogelson

Sorry I meant the new win 10 standard pack,,, As Pferox posted it comes with Edge as the browser and also as he stated it doesn't' do as much as Explorer.  Chrome is not a windows program and has nothing to do with win 10 or any of the past release products. :-)

Pferox

Internet explorer is still available, and I am pretty sure that it is hidden in the install of Win 10, you have to look for it in the All Apps section, I think.  It is hidden under the windows accessories heading.  You can right click on it and choose to have it pinned to the start menu or the taskbar or both.

I use it instead of Edge for those sites that like IE better than Chrome.

Ron Fogelson

It is there on mine as well but only "I believe" because I put office back on didn't look before hand so it may be double loaded

Pferox

Quote from: Ron Fogelson on January 05, 2016, 02:30:58 AM
It is there on mine as well but only "I believe" because I put office back on didn't look before hand so it may be double loaded

I just checked on my machine without office and it is on that one too so I am pretty sure that it is on there, just hiding.

Ron Fogelson

Yep double loaded under win accessories.  I went and pinned explorer to my taskbar so it's easy to use.  But both explorer and Edge use a very similar icon so people just assume it's win10 explorer when it's only the edge app

Pferox

Quote from: Ron Fogelson on January 05, 2016, 02:34:38 AM
Yep double loaded under win accessories.  I went and pinned explorer to my taskbar so it's easy to use.  But both explorer and Edge use a very similar icon so people just assume it's win10 explorer when it's only the edge app

Yea, I think they did that on purpose, and it might have not been the best of ideas, browsers have to be full featured, don't care what anybody says.

OCBassman

Thanx Guys found IE on my lap top.  ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ Thought I was on it using edge.   ~b~

It all works now.  ;D

Pferox

Quote from: OCBassman on January 05, 2016, 08:22:12 PM
Thanx Guys found IE on my lap top.  ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ Thought I was on it using edge.   ~b~

It all works now.  ;D

Great to hear, good luck with 10, I kind of like it myself, but there are others who don't.