elite 7 bow flush mount

Started by ARoe90, February 12, 2016, 07:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARoe90

Hey all! Just joined the team with a 2016 179 TRX and I've flush mounted an elite 7 chirp to the dash myself and now I want to flush mount my other one to the bow on the flush mount plate but can't quite figure out what to do with the transducer wire since it has to run down the trolling motor. Any pics or tips would be greatly appreciated! Right now I just have the cradle bolted onto that plate with a hole drilled through it to run the power cord but it looks messy with all the wiring from the transducer balled up and zip tied together. Thanks!

Mike Cork

If you have a recessed trolling motor foot pedal you can drill from the unit to that recess. That's the way my Legend is done. You can find them online but you can go to home depot and find covers.

It's a small piece of plastic that will cover the drilled hole and allow the wire to slide out the bottom. It's about the size of a quarter and is nothing fancy but really cleans up the look. Once the wire is at your foot control you can run it along the steering cables to the trolling motor. This all assuming you have a foot controlled trolling motor.....

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

ARoe90

That worked! It looks exactly like you said, I just didn't notice the cover but I removed it and the hole is just big enough to fit the transducer wire. thanks!

Bassthumb

I have not seen a 2016 TRX, but my 2008 TR flush mount allowed the transducer cable to exit the lower left corner under the plate and just a few inches to the base of the TM.  Tape it down the arm of the TM  to the head, and down the shaft.  I highly recommend not using zip ties, but electrical tape.  Zip ties can and will break wires in the cable.  Also, Tape doesn't snag grass when you go into the stuff, like zip tie heads do.
Retired USAF MSgt (1W071A)            2008 Triton Tr-196
Plattsmouth, NE                  Mercury Optimax 200
B.A.S.S   NE B.A.S.S. Federation   FoMNTT participant (never again)                   Omaha-River City Bass Club