Tropical Park 2/12/16

Started by SFL BassHunter, February 12, 2016, 10:06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SFL BassHunter

Saw Deadeye get ahead of me ;) and decided to go out tonight to do a bit of night fishing. The bites were there but my hooksets were off. I did manage 2 fish.

It started as I worked some pads and got no bites, then hit a group of isolated pads. Instantly got a strike on the down fall. My line had little slack and the fish just ran off with my worm. This one was a good hookset and landed the 13.75

I cast right back to that same patch of pads and the same thing happened. This time I yanked it out of the fishes mouth. Cast back into the same pads about 10 other times no more hits.
Moved on down and started working the outskirts of pad fields and got a few more strikes which I missed my hooksets on until I managed to get the 13 out. I was worried it would get caught up in the pads and had a hard time getting it up and out but finally got it.

Ran out of time, the park closes at 10:30pm.
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Capt. BassinLou

Fortunately...  you were able to cull 2 before time ran out. Thanks for the report.

SFL BassHunter

Someone needs to feed these Tropical Park bass. I feel so bad for them...lol
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Deadeye

Good job. Glad I scared "somebody" with the poor showing I've had this month so far. These cold fronts are killing me.

But the month isn't over yet!

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: Deadeye on February 13, 2016, 09:22:01 AM
Good job. Glad I scared "somebody" with the poor showing I've had this month so far. These cold fronts are killing me.

Na you didn't scare me, just motivated me to get off my lazy arse and go fish lol.
Florida Bass Fishing

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Deadeye on February 13, 2016, 09:22:01 AM

Nope... the month isn't over yet. We are just reaching the half way point.

Deadeye

Quote from: rickdelprado on February 13, 2016, 09:32:07 AM
Na you didn't scare me, just motivated me to get off my lazy arse and go fish lol.

Funny how when someone passes you that happens. You meaning all of us.

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: Deadeye on February 13, 2016, 02:06:14 PM
Funny how when someone passes you that happens. You meaning all of us.

The joys of competition lol
Florida Bass Fishing

rchiuz

Wow, nice!

I didn't know the park stayed open till that time. I always left when the sunset. I find it alittle creepy fishing the pads when it gets dark :shocking:
What is the worst thing about being a bank fisher? Always having to watch out for dog poop LOL

big g

Way to go Rick, a little motivation does wonders!
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

SFL BassHunter

Went out there today and it was windy. The clouds were threatening all morning. I only managed one bite and it was a complete accident I was retrieving my sticko along the bank and this guy came out and wacked it

Not big enough to replace any of my fish for this month. Oh well at least I got a few hours of fishing in.
Florida Bass Fishing

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: rchiuz on February 14, 2016, 10:46:22 PM
Wow, nice!

I didn't know the park stayed open till that time. I always left when the sunset. I find it alittle creepy fishing the pads when it gets dark :shocking:

Yup 10:30 and I'm sure it would have stayed longer cause there were baseball games being played. But 10:30 is late enough for me lol. It is a bit creepy out there. One of the reasons I had a hard time getting dialed in and missed a few fish. Keeping your head on a swivel for snakes and critters. Not to mention human beings that may be looking to rob you. Lol lots to worry about.
Florida Bass Fishing

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: big g on February 15, 2016, 08:41:20 AM
Way to go Rick, a little motivation does wonders!

It sure does! I'm very motivated right now just need to find some bigger fish!
Florida Bass Fishing

Lipripper

Thanks for the report Rick and glad your cathing some fish. ;D

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: Lipripper on February 15, 2016, 02:18:56 PM
Thanks for the report Rick and glad your cathing some fish. ;D

Thanks Lip, happy to see you back on here!
Florida Bass Fishing

Lipripper

Quote from: rickdelprado on February 15, 2016, 03:00:55 PM
Thanks Lip, happy to see you back on here!
This is the first day in awhile I've felt like being on the computer  ;D

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet