power trim

Started by 250xb riverrat, February 28, 2016, 01:17:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

250xb riverrat

need help tr20 ,,trim working at motor but not at shifter or blinker trim,2003 mercury225

Mike Cork

That's going to be a bear. The relays are fine.

I do know which way they tie into each other but would assume the blinker works off the shifter. If that's true, you've lost power at or before the shifter. I'd check for power or a bad switch at the shifter first.

I'd have to look at the shifter to figure out how to do that? You're gonna have to trace wiring unless you have a schematic

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

250xb riverrat

how does shifter come off where i can get to wires , mine has 3 screws and 2 bolts,dont want to take something apart just want to get to wires behind pannel

Mike Cork

There are several different types used. Without a photo I'm lost and with one it's only be guessing.

Can you take the switch out of the throttle?

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

250xb riverrat

the handle has about 8 star head screws that look to clam handle together aroud trim switch

hughesjasonk

All of the switches are double throw triple pole rocker switches. + feeds the common on the switch then there's a wire that goes back to each relay trigger from each side of the switch. They all should work independently

hughesjasonk

Why do you have 2 threads asking the same question? Playing mom against dad?

http://www.ultimatebass.com/bass-fishing-forum/index.php?topic=128336.msg1393784#msg1393784

if your bow and throttle trim switches are not working but the one on your motor is you probably have a loose or corroded connection under your cowl where the boat harness connects to the motor harness. Also the fuse for that circuit is usually on the motor and if the switch on your motor works I would not suspect the fuse being bad. Typical "signal flow" is your bow switch "Y"s into your throttle trim switch then it "Y"s in to your motor harness. If you give the brand and model of your controls someone might be able to tell you the color code of the wire. Also do you know the number of pins your connector is between the boat harness and your motor harness?

250xb riverrat

dont know what brand, but the handle has screws that come out and the handle will seperate  gaing access to trim switch but the wires go down in handle can not see where they hook up. checked hot wire at trim on handle no fire trying to figure out how to get panel loose that shifter is mounted to so i can see if i have bad connection where the trim switch and wire from motor go together, 2003 triton , 3 screw and 2 bolt in side panel, turn screws and does nothing just turn , did not want to take bolts out dont know what they are going to without advise