Show and Tell-Rods and Reels

Started by LgMouthGambler, March 28, 2016, 10:36:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rockchalk06

Old school meets plastic surgery face lift...... lo

Dam0007

New 1/2-3/4oz weighted Carolina rig setup 744 Citica 201IHG 16lb Shooter

New 3/8-1/2oz weighted Keitech setup 201I 10lb Shooter

I remember seeing the flagship 13 be able to do this but these do as well, stand up.
MLF Angler - Dobyns Rods, Reynolds Marine, Phoenix Boats, Woo! Tungsten, Berkley Fishing, Rod Glove, Siebert Outdoors, Power Pole, Costa

IG: @dam0007bass

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Dam0007 on May 06, 2016, 11:22:56 AM

New 1/2-3/4oz weighted Carolina rig setup 744 Citica 201IHG 16lb Shooter

New 3/8-1/2oz weighted Keitech setup 201I 10lb Shooter

I remember seeing the flagship 13 be able to do this but these do as well, stand up.

How you liking them Citicas?

<")))<{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Dam0007

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on May 08, 2016, 08:13:34 AM
How you liking them Citicas?

<")))<{

Ones a 6:1 Curado other a 7:1 Citica. They feel great and palm well but don't cast very good. With a 7'4 Rod I should be able to send a Keitech on a 1/2oz head to the next lake over. I stripped them both completely down flushed and re oiled the bearings and added some bearings to the knobs. Ehh I'm gonna be selling them. . .

Side note my talk about going all Daiwa, I think I am definitely gonna do it. Was throwing a 1.0 strike king square bill all weekend on the Fury 705CB and Tatula. With 14lb mono and that thing was chucking it a mile. Once the new Steez comes out and Zillion HLC I'm gonna start the buy and sell process. 
MLF Angler - Dobyns Rods, Reynolds Marine, Phoenix Boats, Woo! Tungsten, Berkley Fishing, Rod Glove, Siebert Outdoors, Power Pole, Costa

MCS

Quote from: Dam0007 on May 18, 2016, 10:27:36 AM
Ones a 6:1 Curado other a 7:1 Citica. They feel great and palm well but don't cast very good. With a 7'4 Rod I should be able to send a Keitech on a 1/2oz head to the next lake over. I stripped them both completely down flushed and re oiled the bearings and added some bearings to the knobs. Ehh I'm gonna be selling them. . .

Side note my talk about going all Daiwa, I think I am definitely gonna do it. Was throwing a 1.0 strike king square bill all weekend on the Fury 705CB and Tatula. With 14lb mono and that thing was chucking it a mile. Once the new Steez comes out and Zillion HLC I'm gonna start the buy and sell process.

NOOOooooooo! Don't do it, man!  lo Don't go to the darkside.... ;D

On a side note....Which would be the darkside, shimano or Daiwa of the big two?
I go with daiwa. Shimano has the curado B....green, old and still kicks ass like Yoda  lo
Romans 1:16    2 Corinthians 5:17     3 John 1:4
"I'm sorry. I'm not very tolerant when it comes to the liberals who complain about everything." Mike Ditka
"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living." John Wayne

LgMouthGambler

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Dam0007

Quote from: MCS on May 18, 2016, 11:18:35 AM
NOOOooooooo! Don't do it, man!  lo Don't go to the darkside.... ;D

On a side note....Which would be the darkside, shimano or Daiwa of the big two?
I go with daiwa. Shimano has the curado B....green, old and still kicks ass like Yoda  lo

ROTFLMMFAO!!!!!!! Yoda lol

Capt. BassinLou

Here is my latest setup, a LSCR beauty with a pimped out LMG DC7 Shimano Scorpion.

Smallie_Stalker

That's looking sweet Lou.  ~c~

What is that handle made of?
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Smallie_Stalker on May 26, 2016, 04:41:38 PM
That's looking sweet Lou.  ~c~

What is that handle made of?

Carbon Fiber

Smallie_Stalker

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

LgMouthGambler

Just put this one back in service since I found a nice one to replace it on the display shelf.

<")))<{

Dark3

Shes a beauty. What handle is that

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Dark3 on July 20, 2016, 10:03:09 AM
Shes a beauty. What handle is that

90mm Standard CF from Hedgehog.

Lee Smith

Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

LgMouthGambler

Here is another acquisition,  Daiwa TD Fuego. Added a Megabass IP spool to it, Tatula Type R Zion drag star, Hedgehog Studio ZR bearings,  Zillion 50th anniversary handle, Megabass hyper corks,  worm gear bearing,  and Carbontex drag. 

<")))<{

Lee Smith

Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Lee Smith on July 20, 2016, 11:53:40 AM
All that on a 2 pc rod  lo  ;)

One bad mother  ^-^ of a 2pc none the less.

Down4ttown

Going to all Abu now. Get a huge discount so gotta take advantage. New ALX and MGX are coming to me.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Down4ttown on July 20, 2016, 07:23:25 PM
Going to all Abu now. Get a huge discount so gotta take advantage. New ALX and MGX are coming to me.
You need a discount to fish those. They have to be replaced too often. Lol. So whats to be of the old reels?

<")))<{

Dark3

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on July 20, 2016, 11:19:29 AM
Here is another acquisition,  Daiwa TD Fuego. Added a Megabass IP spool to it, Tatula Type R Zion drag star, Hedgehog Studio ZR bearings,  Zillion 50th anniversary handle, Megabass hyper corks,  worm gear bearing,  and Carbontex drag. 

<")))<{
These fuegos are tanks unlike the new version im sure. Still the 2016 fuego at 100 bucks should be extremely competitive for guys shopping in that market.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Dark3 on July 20, 2016, 08:08:09 PM
These fuegos are tanks unlike the new version im sure. Still the 2016 fuego at 100 bucks should be extremely competitive for guys shopping in that market.

The TD Fuego was a 230 price point reel back then.

<")))<{

Dark3

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on July 20, 2016, 08:15:32 PM
The TD Fuego was a 230 price point reel back then.

<")))<{
Yea I know. It swayed closer to the zillion than it does now. Yours is really nice btw

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Dark3 on July 20, 2016, 08:37:52 PM
Yea I know. It swayed closer to the zillion than it does now. Yours is really nice btw

Thank you. Worth every penny. 

<")))<{

LgMouthGambler

So lets bump this thread up. Ill add the SV103 to the list.

Stock

Modded with ZR spool bearings, levelwind bearing, Megabass Hyper corks, RCS SV105 spool, Zion drag star,  and some Hedgehog Studio parts.

And of course mounted on the Lee Smith Custom Rods Point Blank.

<")))<{