2016-2017 Fishing Goals

Started by Deadeye, April 04, 2016, 06:16:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deadeye

In the spirit of our FBRC Calendar Year, What are your fishing goals for this year?

Some of mine are:

New PB of 8 lbs or more

Meet and Fish with some UB Members

Fish on at least 1-2 new to me Lakes

Catch one over 4 lbs on a Devil's Horse

Catch one on the new LT Sunfish

Get the Wife out on the new boat (yes she has not gone out on it yet)

Fish with my future SIL

Win at least one month on the FBRC

Make Century Club again.

Defend AOY Title, at least make someone work for it!

So what are some of yours?

SFL BassHunter

Goals:

Meet and fish with more UB members

Place 1st for 1st time.

Win AOY

New PB

Use the boat at least 2 times per month

Find new bank fishing spots with bigger fish.

Catch more fish per outing

Continue to improve my skills

Make videos more consistently

Open my YouTube channel

Start to produce more baits and open soft plastic bait business (I think this qualifies as fishing goals lol)
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Deadeye

Quote from: rickdelprado on April 04, 2016, 06:34:51 AM
Goals:

Meet and fish with more UB members

Place 1st for 1st time.

Win AOY

New PB

Use the boat at least 2 times per month

Find new bank fishing spots with bigger fish.

Catch more fish per outing

Continue to improve my skills

Make videos more consistently

Open my YouTube channel

Start to produce more baits and open soft plastic bait business (I think this qualifies as fishing goals lol)

Good List!

SFL BassHunter

Thanks it's not going to be easy but that's why they are called goals :)
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

rchiuz

Ongoing Improve the PB
Fish with more members
Learn the Spinner/chatter bait
Get better at pitching
Hit top 5 of Bragging Rights
Out fish Rick or Lou on a trip
LOL
What is the worst thing about being a bank fisher? Always having to watch out for dog poop LOL

Polaris425

Always, a new PB
Build a complete arsenal of rods so that I'm not using any store bought rods.
Fish Pickwick and Guntersville this year
Catch a 3+lbs smallie.
Fishin' Alabama
Building Rods, & Snatchin' Lips.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: rchiuz on April 04, 2016, 08:14:26 AM
Ongoing Improve the PB
Fish with more members
Learn the Spinner/chatter bait
Get better at pitching
Hit top 5 of Bragging Rights
Out fish Rick or Lou on a trip
LOL
My..my... who knew I push you guys so much... lol... I wish you and Rick the best  this year. Goals are great.. sticking with the game plan when the times get rough is the challenge. A year is very long time, and your skills will be tested month in and month out. My best advice to all you guys that want to attain the ultimate Bragging Right is to stay focused. Very easier said then done.. ;)

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: Bassinlou on April 04, 2016, 08:43:14 AM
My..my... who knew I push you guys so much... lol... I wish you and Rick the best  this year. Goals are great.. sticking with the game plan when the times get rough is the challenge. A year is very long time, and your skills will be tested month in and month out. My best advice to all you guys that want to attain the ultimate Bragging Right is to stay focused. Very easier said then done.. ;)
Lou that's just a compliment to you. Truth is new fishermen are going to challenge the top guys from time to time. Not as a bragging thing but more as a measure of personal growth.

Florida Bass Fishing

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: rickdelprado on April 04, 2016, 09:19:15 AM
Lou that's just a compliment to you. Truth is new fishermen are going to challenge the top guys from time to time. Not as a bragging thing but more as a measure of personal growth.
Absolutely..

Capt. BassinLou

I have been going back and forth with this one... Do I have fishing goals this year... sure. But as I reflect on last year, and what cost me the AOY last year,  yes... I can tell you where, when, what fish cost me the whole thing.. lol.. What effected me, were the fundamentals. Like I use to tell my athletes when I coached, the fundamentals will win you or cost you the game. I have seen this time and time again. And it happened to me more than I care to admit last year. But hey... we are here to learn and share right?

I rushed my timing, set to early, horsed the fish too much, etc... the fundamentals cost me the game.
As a result, this is going to be my goal this year, fine tuning my fundamentals. The rest will fall into the place. As silly as it may sound, its true. At least in my particular situation.

Deadeye

Quote from: rickdelprado on April 04, 2016, 09:19:15 AM

Very True Rick, as well they should. It is easy for anyone to get complacent and think "they got this in the bag" in any thing in Life. Then comes along someone new and BAM your whole world can get turned upside down.

Quick example from our Campground this past Bike Week. There was a guy that I could tell from the way he talked and acted he was the Big Man in his area. Trouble was he wasn't in is area. He was a Big Man in a Small Town and tried to impress everyone with his loud voice and ways. His little Sidekick laughed at everything he said. But in Daytona during Bike Week you meet people that are from and have been all over the world and he was trying to impress some Recently Retired and Active Marines that had just come back from Iraq and Afghanistan with his stories of his "active duty" as a Weekend Warrior. Didn't go over well and he was quickly put to shame.

In Fishing you might think you have it all figured out, then comes along a new or different guy and he or she puts up numbers you can only dream about. Good thing is it makes you want to grow and a fisherman and up your game as well.

Deadeye

Quote from: Bassinlou on April 04, 2016, 02:29:55 PM
I have been going back and forth with this one... Do I have fishing goals this year... sure. But as I reflect on last year, and what cost me the AOY last year,  yes... I can tell you where, when, what fish cost me the whole thing.. lol.. What effected me, were the fundamentals. Like I use to tell my athletes when I coached, the fundamentals will win you or cost you the game. I have seen this time and time again. And it happened to me more than I care to admit last year. But hey... we are here to learn and share right?

I rushed my timing, set to early, horsed the fish too much, etc... the fundamentals cost me the game.
As a result, this is going to be my goal this year, fine tuning my fundamentals. The rest will fall into the place. As silly as it may sound, its true. At least in my particular situation.

I hear you on this one Lou. I did the same things myself. I still see the one from last moth that hit and started right away pulling the drag out on my cranked down tight drag while I watch it go and stared at it without ever setting the hook. Never seen that happen before and it stunned me. That won't happen again, probably would of been my best ever fish.

I lost fish at the boat that I tried to horse in too, not taking my time. Like you said, sometimes you need to go back to the basics and stick with the Fundamentals and everything else will work out just fine.

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: Bassinlou on April 04, 2016, 02:29:55 PM

In any sport fundamentals are critical. This isn't silly at all! I lost quite a few fish this past year that I would like to have measured and were lost due to weak fundamentals.
Florida Bass Fishing

snakeeater

Fish as much as possible with my grandkids

Release most of what we catch

Try a couple of new places

Pour more jigs

Enjoy whatever the day may bring

If it bites, I'll fish for it....