Rocky Gorge

Started by bassnfanatic, May 03, 2016, 10:21:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bassnfanatic

Fished Saturday at the Gorge in club tournament 13 guys fishing. Came in second with 15 lbs.-12 oz.
The bass are on there beds, used soft plastic to catch all my fish.
All this rain this week will make it real difficult to find the beds so blind casting will be the only way to find them. Some were tight to the shore line and others were deeper. The one's that were tight up against the shore line were under over hanging tree's for the most part.

Lipripper

Thanks for the report and  ~c~ ~c~ on your  ~2 place finish.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Reservoir Runner

Very nice! Really miss fishing the reservoirs.

Dropshot

Nice day Bassnfanatic! If you don't mind me asking, which club do you fish with?
The Gorge has some quality fish easily available right now. I was able to fish there on Sunday(5/1) and had a similar bag to you. My best 5 went 17#. The guy I was fishing with had a similar day as well. We stayed in the lower end because my partner for the day had rear motor issues. We caught the majority of our fish on trick worms, finesse worms, and beavers. Funny thing was we could not buy a bite on a moving bait. Tried topwater, spinnerbaits, and crankbaits with no success. Like you, we did see a few bedding fish but with the rain they were difficult to spot.
Good luck to you and anyone else going there over the next few weeks. It should only get better, especially for numbers.

bassnfanatic

Dropshot,
I am a member of Pro-Formance Fishing Team, were part of Maryland Bass Nation. We have 17 members.
I really like Rocky Gorge and find it an Oasis between the crazy Metro cities.
I didn't catch anything on moving baits, I threw a spinner bait several times through out the day and a jerk bait for a Nano-minute.
One of the guys in the club caught one on a jerk bait, as well as one on a lipless rattling bait.
I found the bite for me to get better as the day went on, of course I really was staring to figure them out as the day progressed then time was up, go figure. I should of went back out afterwards. I was hoping to get out after work one night for a couple hours, but the rain this week is never ending.

Reservoir Runner

Bassfanatic- Both reservoirs are definitely a welcome respite between the "crazy Metro cities" . You will have to work hard to catch a 17 lb bag after they go into their summer patterns, but there are some big bass in both reservoirs. If you look at the fishing report they usually post at the cabin at Brighton Dam, the fisherman that devote a lot of time to fishing the reservoirs are the ones who are constantly bringing in the big fish throughout the year. I fished both reservoirs when I lived up in Maryland and I always enjoyed my days on the water whether I caught 10 fish or no fish.