12 foot Jon/mini bass boat project!

Started by adam.bellar.10, May 09, 2016, 03:26:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

adam.bellar.10

just thought i would share my build with you guys. if it needs to go somewhere else please let me know!  it started like as a 71 sears 1232 and i have started on a build for pond slaying! i cut out the seats and put in a flat deck of 3/4" ply and new carpet along with a new transom and some trim panels on the sides. primed it with some good self etching primer then painted it with duplicolor "true blue" and gave it a thick clear coat. i need to build some storage but she's fishing great for now! next step is trolling motor and fish finder!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Oldfart9999

welcome to Ultimate Bass Adam and  for sharing what you did with your boat, nice job!! ~c~ Hope you enjoy the site and if you have questions or think you can share or offer please jump in. Don't for get the new members contest.
Rodney 
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Capt. BassinLou

Very nice Adam. Cool seeing the transformation.

Polaris425

Fishin' Alabama
Building Rods, & Snatchin' Lips.

BADHABIT

Lipripper

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Princeton_Man

Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

flowerjohn

That is very nice looking work there. Congratulations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adam.bellar.10

thanks everybody!

Donald Garner

Adam congrats on the rebuilt it looks great ~c~
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Lee Smith

Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

Smallie_Stalker

Wow!!! That's looking really good Adam. Great job.  ~c~
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

adam.bellar.10

thanks everybody my next idea is to add some storage/ organization to it!

bigjim5589

Adam, welcome to UltimateBass! That's one sweet looking setup! Very nicely done!  ~c~

I like to fly fish for bass & not having a lot of "snag" points in a boat is ideal for us fly flingers. It never hurts to have such a clean interior when fishing with other tackle either.

However, if you ever decide to add a motor, other than the trolling motor you'll want to keep an eye on that hull for cracking. Those seats you removed also serve some structural purpose as they limit flexing along the hull. Too much & the welds may crack, so something to think about for the future.   ~shade
Fanatical Fly Tyer & Tackle Maker!  It's An OBSESSION!!  J. Hester Fly & Tackle Co. LLC.

cojab

TTK has spoken.

BassmanRudy

That boats too pretty to fish out of!! Great job w the total redo of it!
"Rudy"
I use Mister Twister Baits!
www.mistertwister.com

adam.bellar.10

thanks for the kind words everybody! i have had alot of fun with this project so far and am looking forward to finishing it. ill keep you guys updated as my build continues!

Your local maker of blades
AB knives

adam.bellar.10

got my back seat today and I'm gonna try to get my trolling motor and fish finder tomarrow i hope!

AB knives

Kris

Reservoir fishing in MD, Vietnam Vet, Retired
Ouachita 16' Model B, Minn Kota, Lowrance, Raymarine
Moderator - Maryland Fishing Reports and Chat

adam.bellar.10

thanks chris!

AB knives

adam.bellar.10

Got the back seat/storage area all done!

AB knives

cojab

TTK has spoken.

Donald Garner

Looking great.  Tks for sharing the pictures and updates with us.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

31airborne

Wow - you did a terrific job!

Adding storage compartments is gonna limit your space for moving around while fishing.  You might wanna consider some tie-downs for rods, bags instead.  Stuff you can move around and load/unload quickly, easily.  Just a thought . . .

adam.bellar.10

Quote from: 31airborne on June 01, 2016, 07:23:06 AM
Wow - you did a terrific job!

Adding storage compartments is gonna limit your space for moving around while fishing.  You might wanna consider some tie-downs for rods, bags instead.  Stuff you can move around and load/unload quickly, easily.  Just a thought . . .
thats the only storage i plan to have its gonna hold the battery and state required safety equipment. i want the floor as open and clutter free as possible!

AB knives