Dobysn Rods Champion XP

Started by Mike Cork, June 21, 2016, 04:51:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cork

Gary is continually working to make Dobyns Rods better. The Champion Line has advanced to the Champion XP. With a new look and some improved features, the Champion Series continues to be an amazing rod.

https://youtu.be/kvxSUpkQK44

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Smallie_Stalker

Includes 19 crankbait models.  :surrender: Now your talkin'.  8)
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Dark3

Crap I forgot I wanted to watch this video last night (on wifi) (better quality and free) lol. I will tonight.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

Dam0007

Only thing I don't like about the cosmetics is this and the DX HP they took away the "Champion Series" in cursive. It's on the Fury model idk why the stopped that
MLF Angler - Dobyns Rods, Reynolds Marine, Phoenix Boats, Woo! Tungsten, Berkley Fishing, Rod Glove, Siebert Outdoors, Power Pole, Costa

IG: @dam0007bass

Mike Cork

Dam0007, thank you. Gary is shooting for a cleaner look. The bold text was part of that. I'll relay your thoughts  ~c~ Gary loves feedback  :-*

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Dark3

I will second the comments about the bold text. Probably too late now lol but I did much prefer the previous lettering. I think the new lettering looks cheap in a way.

Dam0007

Quote from: Dark3 on July 02, 2016, 05:04:52 PM
I will second the comments about the bold text. Probably too late now lol but I did much prefer the previous lettering. I think the new lettering looks cheap in a way.

the HPs on the other hand, new design is "woops"y as hell!
MLF Angler - Dobyns Rods, Reynolds Marine, Phoenix Boats, Woo! Tungsten, Berkley Fishing, Rod Glove, Siebert Outdoors, Power Pole, Costa

IG: @dam0007bass

Gary Dobyns

Quote from: Smallie_Stalker on June 21, 2016, 05:19:48 PM
Includes 19 crankbait models.  :surrender: Now your talkin'.  8)

Yes, we have a lot of CB models. We are very strong in the market with CB rods. I'm a treble hook chucking fool...gotta have lots of tools :) The new 735 CB Glass, 736 CB Glass, and 805 CB Glass will be out within 2 weeks. These were a struggle to get perfected. After messing with these for about 9 months and lots of alterations, I couldn't decide which of the 7'3" models I liked better. Finally, I said screw it and made both :)  This will be a little confusing for our customers on which model to buy. I know this but I liked both so well and there's a noted difference in the two models. My son Richard has already won a big Pro-Am on the 735 CB with square bill and both of us have caught tons of fish on Chatterbaits with both models. I personally prefer the 736 CB for Chatterbaits. I've loaned out our samples a bunch, we have long waiting list of guys for these two models. The 805 CB will be a Paul Mueller sig rod with us. Paul placed 5th or 6th in last Elite event using this rod. Watch the Bass Masters show and see how far this rod casts and loads. Pretty awesome. These are NOT Glass clubs, you'll find that they load and cast AWESOME!!!! See what happens.....you get me talking about CB rods and everyone knows I have inner "Issues" here.  So, I'm off to the lake now for my therapy :)

Lipripper

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: Gary Dobyns on July 06, 2016, 11:55:15 AM
Yes, we have a lot of CB models. We are very strong in the market with CB rods. I'm a treble hook chucking fool...gotta have lots of tools :) The new 735 CB Glass, 736 CB Glass, and 805 CB Glass will be out within 2 weeks. These were a struggle to get perfected. After messing with these for about 9 months and lots of alterations, I couldn't decide which of the 7'3" models I liked better. Finally, I said screw it and made both :)  This will be a little confusing for our customers on which model to buy. I know this but I liked both so well and there's a noted difference in the two models. My son Richard has already won a big Pro-Am on the 735 CB with square bill and both of us have caught tons of fish on Chatterbaits with both models. I personally prefer the 736 CB for Chatterbaits. I've loaned out our samples a bunch, we have long waiting list of guys for these two models. The 805 CB will be a Paul Mueller sig rod with us. Paul placed 5th or 6th in last Elite event using this rod. Watch the Bass Masters show and see how far this rod casts and loads. Pretty awesome. These are NOT Glass clubs, you'll find that they load and cast AWESOME!!!! See what happens.....you get me talking about CB rods and everyone knows I have inner "Issues" here.  So, I'm off to the lake now for my therapy :)

LOL, that's my kind of therapy. Thanks for all of the info. Gary. I'm gonna start making my Christmas list and showing it to the wife now.  ~shade
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire