Dobyns Rods Board

Started by Mike Cork, July 02, 2016, 08:53:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cork

We are very excited to announce that Dobyns Rods now has their own board in the Ultimate Bass Forum. Please post all questions and comments here http://www.ultimatebass.com/bass-fishing-forum/index.php?board=529.0

Garry will be visiting this board regularly along with some of his senior staff members to help field any and all questions.

Please remember, Ultimate Bass is not a sounding board. If you have a dispute with Dobyns Rods, call their office and do not try and argue behind a keyboard on this forum.

Thank You
Mike Cork

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

hughesjasonk

Woot!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Dam0007

MLF Angler - Dobyns Rods, Reynolds Marine, Phoenix Boats, Woo! Tungsten, Berkley Fishing, Rod Glove, Siebert Outdoors, Power Pole, Costa

IG: @dam0007bass

Down4ttown

Man I love some Dobyns. Awesome they have their own thread

domination2580

I have the dobys fury rod and couldnt be happier with it. Pulled this hog out of a pond two miles away from where i live.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Mike Cork

Awesome :toot:

Looks like you have a frog tied on that rod, what model number is it?

Cork's Reel Service

Sisco Kid

Nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

domination2580

Quote from: Mike Cork on July 10, 2016, 11:50:42 AM
Awesome :toot:

Looks like you have a frog tied on that rod, what model number is it?
Model number of frog or rod?

loomisguy

Nice fish, Did you release it ?

domination2580

Quote from: loomisguy on September 01, 2017, 05:05:25 AM
Nice fish, Did you release it ?
No I did not.  If i would have known you could get it mounted without taking the actual fish them she would have been released. But i didn't know that.

domination2580

Fr705cb is the model of the rod.

Mike Cork

Congrats  ~c~ That's a great frog rod.

Cork's Reel Service

Captsteve

Steve
Headed for the Lake

skeeter_bite

I am looking for a new dedicated frog rod.  I know everyone says the Fury 735c, and I am okay with that rod if it is the "best"...What I mean is that I am willing to pay more if there is a better rod in the Dobyns lineup.  I am really interested in it being lightweight (ie. so I can throw it all day).  I fish mainly hollow bodied type frogs (Spro bronzeye types etc).  Any suggestions or do I need to proceed with the 735?
G Loomis rods and Shimano reels!

zippyduck

If you want to spend money we can help with that.
The champion 745 HP is the lightest and best frog rod Dobyns has made in my opinion.
I don't own one because I have a 735 xp that is very close to the same rod.
The 735 XP would be lighter and even has a faster tip. Many here use this as their frog rod.
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

skeeter_bite

So the champion series is lighter than the fury's?

SteveTX

Quote from: skeeter_bite on May 19, 2019, 07:44:26 PM
So the champion series is lighter than the fury's?
Indeed it is in comparable configurations.

Mike Cork

Champion XP is a very light and balanced rod but the HP is even better but it's also over three hundred dollars. I have used the Champion Extreme 745 and 746 for a couple years not and they are outstanding. They are expensive but to me, like you may be, they are so light that it's worth it.

Cork's Reel Service

skeeter_bite

Thanks for the input guys.  I ordered a Champion XP 735 today.  It will be my first Dobyns rod, I am anxious to try them out.  I usually fish G Loomis rods for most applications, but they don't have a decent frog rod in their lineup currently IMO.  I've heard a lot of good things about the Dobyns, so it is time to give them a try!

Mike Cork

If you every want to try a model out just let me know. I have a large variety and probably will have the rod your looking at or one very close.

You can't go wrong with the 735 for frog fishing though. ~c~ ~c~ ~c~

Cork's Reel Service

Marc Hufnagel

I went ahead and picked up a FR703SF at Academy but it' rained yesterday and now today.  Bah.  Maybe tomorrow I'll get to try it.   It looks and feels nice in the hand.

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: Marc Hufnagel on July 31, 2020, 03:49:45 PM
I went ahead and picked up a FR703SF at Academy but it' rained yesterday and now today.  Bah.  Maybe tomorrow I'll get to try it.   It looks and feels nice in the hand.

Congras on the new purchase!  ~c~

If you are like the rest of us your wallet is in trouble now.  ~roflmao

Seriously though, that is a very versatile all around spinning rod. Please keep us posted on how you like it as you get to put it to use.  :-*

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire