2008 Ranger 188VX Console Layout

Started by MercuryMike, July 03, 2016, 03:20:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MercuryMike

Can someone tell me what all the Console Switches are on the Dash of the Ranger 188vx?  The previous owner didn't keep it in the garage and they are all pretty much black now.  I have identified most of them but there are still a couple that I am not sure about and I want to make sure that I didn't put the wrong switch on one.  I know where to find replacement switches but need to know which ones to purchase.

Thanks,
Mike

Bigwrench

Hey Mike , welcome to the family.  Is there any way you could post a photo of your dash switches to see how it's laid out. That may help with identifying them. 
Stop by the Garage and let me know if you have Maintenance issues that you need assistance with.

MercuryMike

Console picture. I know the one to the left that is blank is the lights but not sure what the other one is for. It has the same symbol as the bilge button appeared to have on it??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MercuryMike

Quote from: MercuryMike on July 04, 2016, 01:42:27 PM
Console picture. I know the one to the left that is blank is the lights but not sure what the other one is for. It has the same symbol as the bilge button appeared to have on it??

MercuryMike

Bigwrench

Is it possible they are extras that are there for you in case you add something ? Or do you have dual tanks ? Maybe port/stbd fuel level ?
Stop by the Garage and let me know if you have Maintenance issues that you need assistance with.

MercuryMike

I don't think so. I will have to try it out the next time I go out. I tried the dealership where I bought it but they couldn't help. Is there a number to Ranger that I can call and ask about this particular boat if I give them the vin number?

Oldfart9999

Could one be Nav Lights and the other rear lights?
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

MercuryMike

Thanks but, That is the other one i haven't replaced yet that I know about. The other one does sound like a bilge pump so maybe it has two?  I am going to test it out and see.

Bud Kennedy

Just wondering why don't you just send a picture to Ranger Parts and ask then the question.  Seems to me at least you would get a valid answer and not a guess.  PoPo

Bigwrench

Quote from: MercuryMike on July 04, 2016, 09:06:15 PM
I don't think so. I will have to try it out the next time I go out. I tried the dealership where I bought it but they couldn't help. Is there a number to Ranger that I can call and ask about this particular boat if I give them the vin number?

Here is their number,
Ranger Parts Department 1-800-724-7273
I'm pretty sure all you will need is you HIN when you call. Good luck and let us know what you find out . I do have 2 of those rocker switches that go to two different bilge pumps. one is auto the other is manual. 

Bud Kennedy

the other thing you might want to do is to pull the switch panel and make note of what color the wires are.  Ranger does have a set system for wiring that just might give you the clue you need.  Might also be helpful when you talk with the parts folks.

MercuryMike

Thanks for the numbers. I did called the main Ranger number and they are closed till the 11th. It is an Acc switch. They other is the Navigational lights like I thought.

Bigwrench

Quote from: MercuryMike on July 05, 2016, 12:33:54 PM
Thanks for the numbers. I did called the main Ranger number and they are closed till the 11th. It is an Acc switch. They other is the Navigational lights like I thought.

One of my front ones is an ACC switch also but wasn't used and that's what I hooked up my BlueWater LEDs to worked out great ! Glad you found it !