Castaic and Isabella

Started by tresguey, July 11, 2016, 07:25:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tresguey

My wife and I are planning on taking her new to her Champion out to Castaic and Isabella next week. I don't hear much about those lakes fishing for bass. Anyone have any tips?

Mike Cork

Castaic this time of year is tricky. You'll want to spend time early and late with big topwater baits. When the sun is high use your electronics to find schools of bass on the major points. It's been so long since I've fished it I don't remember names of the hot spots.

Isabella, that's an awesome fishery but pay attention to the wind forecast. It's an extreme canyon lake and wind gets funneled down it. So bad that there are lights on the hill points, green is okay, yellow be careful as you make your way off the lake, red is too lake beach it where ever your at. That said, the fishing can be great in the summer. The lake has an underwater flume, used to carry logs down the hill side before it was flooded. It holds a lot of fish. Also the points with your favorite crank bait can produce some nice stringers. Again it's been years since I've fished this one too.

Good Luck, both lakes have some serious trophy opportunities. 

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service