Amazing Birthday Gift!

Started by SFL BassHunter, July 24, 2016, 08:51:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SFL BassHunter

Hey guys I wanted to share with you guys an amazing gift I received from my big brother today! He's had this for over 20 years and decided it was time to pass it on to me since he no longer bass fishes. It's an incredibly thoughtful gift that also came with a bass pro shops gift card.

I'll be honored to put this up in my fishing room when it's complete!

Blessed to have a great brother!

Sent from my iPhone powered by Dark Side of The Force
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Capt. BassinLou

That's a great gift... it will go great in your new fishing room.

j102

Nice Rick! Very thoughtful of your brother. I hope you had a great birthday!

LgMouthGambler

That's pretty neat! Happy Birthday!

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

SFL BassHunter

Thanks LMG!

J102 I did have a great time at dinner with my family!

Lou, I'm Going to buy the essential things I need for the room a little later today.

Sent from my iPhone powered by Dark Side of The Force
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Lipripper

Nice looking mount Rick and will look great in your fishing room.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

flowerjohn

That is a beauty there Rick. Enjoy that!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike Cork

Rick, what's the back story on the mount? Is it a fish you caught and he was working the mount for twenty years? You said he passed it down? Is it a family item?

Just curious, pretty cool looking mount  ~c~

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

West6550

Happy Bday Rick. Thoughtful gifts are the best kind. Hope you had a great bday buddy.

Canesfan

Hope you (and Lou) had a great birthday. In a few years and after a few beers, I'm sure you will have a great story about when and where "you" caught that fish, lol.

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: Mike Cork on July 25, 2016, 08:34:30 AM
Rick, what's the back story on the mount? Is it a fish you caught and he was working the mount for twenty years? You said he passed it down? Is it a family item?

Just curious, pretty cool looking mount  ~c~
Mike, my brother was into bass fishing when he was younger and then got into saltwater fishing pretty heavily. Stopped bass fishing. But this bass was caught by him and he had it mounted. So he has had it for about 27. So I was about 5 years old when he caught it. It was his personal best. He said it weighed in at almost 7 lbs and by the looks of it, it probably isn't too far off. I'm not sure where it was caught, he didn't mention it, and I didn't think to ask. He didn't want it in storage since he had to convert his game room into a kids room. Figured I would make better use of it.

It is in pretty fragile condition though. Some of the fins have seen better days.
But in the end its more about the thought than the actual fish.
Florida Bass Fishing

SFL BassHunter

Thanks Lip, john and west! I did have a great bday. That fish will look great on the wall till it disintegrates lol.

Canesfan, Hopefully I can catch a few trophy bass myself one day and get replicas made so that I can tell people how I caught them.
Florida Bass Fishing

Mike Cork

Awesome back story ~c~ ~c~

Taxidermist can "refresh" a mount pretty cheap :-*

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: Mike Cork on July 25, 2016, 11:18:59 AM
Awesome back story ~c~ ~c~

Taxidermist can "refresh" a mount pretty cheap :-*

might need to look into that. it is in need of TLC.
Florida Bass Fishing

big g

Rick a great gift from brother to brother.  That is a big happy smile on your face.  It will look great in your man cave.  I'm sure with your improving skills it will have another hanging right next to it soon!
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

Lee Smith

Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

Smallie_Stalker

Happy birthday!!! That is a nice mount. Thanks for sharing the picture and the story with us.
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: big g on July 25, 2016, 01:47:15 PM
Rick a great gift from brother to brother.  That is a big happy smile on your face.  It will look great in your man cave.  I'm sure with your improving skills it will have another hanging right next to it soon!

Hopefully soon! I'm hoping the FLBR Classic on Istokpoga produces a few of the bigger fish I am looking for!

Quote from: Lee Smith on July 25, 2016, 01:54:09 PM
That's awesome!!  ~c~
:)

Quote from: Smallie_Stalker on July 25, 2016, 02:56:20 PM
Happy birthday!!! That is a nice mount. Thanks for sharing the picture and the story with us.
Thanks Smallie!
Florida Bass Fishing

ccr425

Guess I'm late to the party, Rick. That was pretty cool of your brother. Nice story.

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: ccr425 on August 01, 2016, 07:28:19 PM
Guess I'm late to the party, Rick. That was pretty cool of your brother. Nice story.

Haha thats ok, I've been MIA for a few weeks lol.
Florida Bass Fishing

Princeton_Man

Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Donald Garner

Man that was GREAT  ~c~  Happy Birthday and thanks for sharing this with us  ~shade
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard