Fishing tips for lake Burba on Ft. Meade

Started by Run, July 25, 2016, 11:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Run

Hi everyone, I will be going out fishing for the first time to Lake Burba. I was wondering if anyone else here fishes there or has in the past? I was thinking of keeping it simple with real worms and a couple lures like a frog and such. It has been incredibly hot lately so I thought the fish would be near structures and at the bottom.

I have both spinning gear and a bate caster. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. I should mention the lake is only fishable from 9am to 5pm.

Thanks very much!

Rick
"Heaven goes by favor, if it went by merit your dog would go in and you would stay out." - Mark Twain

BenFishing

The lake is actually fishable anytime the sun is up.  It's the pavilions that are 9am to 5pm.

The little dock where the high water flows out of the lake is probably the deepest area you can get to.....The water all around the lake is very shallow.  It should have been drained and dug out years ago, but fishing is very low priority when it comes to MWR on Meade.

Right now, I'd be throwing a wacky worm.  Green pumpkin and cotton candy are my favorite colors, but a friend does great with a bubblegum pink worm.

The fish there are heavily pressured.  You'll often catch them with hook holes, and even lures still in their mouths.

Not the best place to fish, but if you want someplace close, it works.  If you have a car, Centennial Lake is not too far, and much better fishing.
Yes, that is a gator in my profile picture, but I was trying to catch a bass, so it counts!
One 3ft long, 10 pound "Largemouth" for me.