My First Lee Smith Custom

Started by zx200, August 10, 2016, 06:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: cortman on August 11, 2016, 08:51:00 PM
Cool thanks, that's just what I was looking for! Truly the rod of a lifetime!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
Trust me, as the owner of 4 of them, they truly are the rod of a lifetime.  Each one he makes is just impressive to no end.

<")))<{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Princeton_Man

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on August 11, 2016, 09:07:22 PM
Trust me, as the owner of 4 of them, they truly are the rod of a lifetime.  Each one he makes is just impressive to no end.

<")))<{

If you convey to Lee precisely what you want in a rod and follow his advise, he will put in your hands the perfect rod.  ~c~
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

zx200

And he's extremely easy to deal with. First time I talked to him, felt like I'd known him for years. Absolute great guy!
I've had a few real good days at work......those were the first place finishes.

rockchalk06

Quote from: zx200 on August 12, 2016, 07:00:52 AM
And he's extremely easy to deal with. First time I talked to him, felt like I'd known him for years. Absolute great guy!

I'll second that. When I told him what I wanted in a Swim Jig rod, he started telling me what I needed. At first I was like "No, that's not what I want". Then after trusting him and making one cast with the rod, the man knew exactly what I needed and had been asking for.

I know its a clique, but if I would have listened to LMG a year earlier and gone the custom route, I would have saved a crap ton of money trying rods out to get what I needed.

Lee Smith

Quote from: rockchalk06 on August 12, 2016, 08:37:28 AM
I'll second that. When I told him what I wanted in a Swim Jig rod, he started telling me what I needed. At first I was like "No, that's not what I want". Then after trusting him and making one cast with the rod, the man knew exactly what I needed and had been asking for.

I know its a clique, but if I would have listened to LMG a year earlier and gone the custom route, I would have saved a crap ton of money trying rods out to get what I needed.

That's cause your hard headed  ~roflmao  ~roflmao  ~roflmao

Joke!!  Thanks guys, all I do is put them together, the hard part is on your end, the design!!  ~c~
Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

rockchalk06

zx200

Took my wife out to eat and when I got home guess what was sittin in the carport in a pvc tube. Oh my god! Not only is it gorgeous but it's one of the lightest sticks I've ever held. Got a brand new never been used Shimano Core 50 sittin on it and bout to go hit the yard for some imaginary fishin. I do believe Mr Lee Smith you have created a MONSTER! Sweetest stick I've ever held. For any of you guys contemplating having one made, DO IT forget the cost DO IT!

LgMouthGambler

Core50?! Man thats gonna be a killer pair!

<")))<{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

flowerjohn

Quote from: zx200 on August 12, 2016, 07:14:04 PM
Took my wife out to eat and when I got home guess what was sittin in the carport in a pvc tube. Oh my god! Not only is it gorgeous but it's one of the lightest sticks I've ever held. Got a brand new never been used Shimano Core 50 sittin on it and bout to go hit the yard for some imaginary fishin. I do believe Mr Lee Smith you have created a MONSTER! Sweetest stick I've ever held. For any of you guys contemplating having one made, DO IT forget the cost DO IT!

Did it have the pink string at one end? When you unwrap that baby it's like the best thing you can do for yourself! You are right. DO IT!

Cheers. J.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zx200

It weighs 11.52oz WITH the reel on it. When I say it's sweet, cane sugar can't touch it!

zx200

Yup, pull string included lol.

[attachment outdated - deleted by admin]

flowerjohn

Shirt?

zx200

flowerjohn

Quote from: zx200 on August 12, 2016, 09:15:58 PM
Sorry bud, whatcha askin?

Did he include a shirt?

zx200

Oh I understand now lol. No sir, no shirt but that's ok. I'm a little fella and most guys don't stock 4x. 😊

zx200

To put it in perspective, the fish I'm holding in my avatar is a hair shy of 10lbs. Don't look like a 10 with ME holding it. Lol!

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: zx200 on August 12, 2016, 08:59:59 PM
Yup, pull string included lol.
Oooh, I could do some wonders with that baby. Looks good.

<")))>{

zx200

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on August 13, 2016, 04:14:33 AM
Oooh, I could do some wonders with that baby. Looks good.

<")))>{
How much tuning can be done on the Core? I've never had one tuned before.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: zx200 on August 13, 2016, 06:11:17 AM

What cant you do to a Core? Bearings, drag, handles, pretty parts to match the rod...

Lee Smith

Boy did you open up a can  ~roflmao  ~roflmao
Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

rockchalk06

My friend.......What can't be done to the Core is a better question!

Hedgehog Colored parts: Line plate, line guide, screws and break knob
Brass 7.0:1 gears
New handle 90mm
4 bearings in the handle
ZR bearings

Dark3

Nice rigs RC. Ive been thinking about a td-ito matching rod. Only problem is I would be scared to take it out of the house especially with a mint reel on it.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Dark3 on August 13, 2016, 08:59:12 AM
Nice rigs RC. Ive been thinking about a td-ito matching rod. Only problem is I would be scared to take it out of the house especially with a mint reel on it.

Buy 2. Problem solved.  ;D

zx200

Quote from: rockchalk06 on August 13, 2016, 07:48:35 AM

My friend.......What can't be done to the Core is a better question!

Hedgehog Colored parts: Line plate, line guide, screws and break knob
Brass 7.0:1 gears
New handle 90mm
4 bearings in the handle
ZR bearings
Sweet! Just when I thought this rig was expensive enough! Gee thanks guys!😊

rockchalk06

Quote from: zx200 on August 13, 2016, 11:44:46 AM
Sweet! Just when I thought this rig was expensive enough! Gee thanks guys!

We're happy to blow your money for you lo

In all seriousness, I don't tournament fish or fish for a living. I'm not a speed demon on crack and I baby my gear. A yugo will get you too work, but a 400 HP Hemi does it with a touch of badassery. I feel the same way about my gear. I've quit smoking, Coke (the liquid kind), hell raising and thumping skulls. Fishing firearms and Basketball are my release's so I don't kill people lo lo. I like a little class when doing both.