Fishing rod repair around Baltimore area.

Started by Baltim0re28, August 28, 2016, 08:25:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baltim0re28

Picked up a rod for cheap that had a guide ripped off of it. Looking for recommendations around the Baltimore area that could replace the guide. Thanks.

bigjim5589

Check with Tochterman's on Eastern Ave in Balt. They do repairs. Tell them Jim Hester sent you!  :)
Fanatical Fly Tyer & Tackle Maker!  It's An OBSESSION!!  J. Hester Fly & Tackle Co. LLC.

goosehunter4499

Tom's Custom Rods and Repair..   Sorry I don't have a number but his email is [Please enable JavaScript to see this content]

Baltim0re28

Quote from: bigjim5589 on August 28, 2016, 11:43:04 PM
Check with Tochterman's on Eastern Ave in Balt. They do repairs. Tell them Jim Hester sent you!  :)

Currently a 5 week waiting period. She said she has about 70-80 rods to repair at the moment.  ~rant

ReservoirMaison

Take it to Angler's Express in Padonia. They will take it to Tom's custom rods and repair for you, then bring it back to the store when it's ready....no extra charge. It should only take a few days. Tom is the best in the area at rod repair and the prices are really good.

Speedmunkee

Like ReservoirMaison said, take it to AE. Tom does excelent work and is very reaseonable. He's fixed a few of my rods aand I'm super pleased witht he work.

Baltim0re28

Just got back from dropping the rod off to Tom. I decided to take the ride and drop it off to Tom personally. I dropped it off at his house and spoke to him for about 30 minutes. He showed me a few of the custom rods he is currently working on and a few he is fixing. I must say, the man does amazing work from what I've seen so far. Tom is an absolute gentleman and one of the nicest people you will meet. I appreciate you guys pointing me in his direction, I'll let you know how it turns out!!

Baltim0re28

Been busy and completely forgot to update this. I'm completely blown away with the work Tom can do. Can't tell the difference between the guides from the factory and the one Tom replaced. Thanks again!