Oct Bassin and BS'n

Started by Donald Garner, October 03, 2016, 07:13:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pferox

Good Morning Everybody!

Prayers out for you, your family and your sister, Rodney. 

Glad you got the big stuff moved, Fred.  If I ever move, I am going to dread moving the shop and all the stuff in there.

Hope you and your wife got home safe, Don.

What a beautiful weekend!  Man were we busy.  I finished the stand for my Scroll saw, now all I need to do is to figure out how I am going to add trays or drawers or something. 

We had our friend Dawn stay over Saturday, which gave me an excuse to have a fire in the new fire pit.  All I'm burning is shop cutoffs and scrap, which I had a big garbage can full of.  Jan said we had enough for the year, man was she surprised when she noticed it was half empty.

They made this hot pocket kind of thingie with ground beef, sauerkraut, and cheese and man are they good.  Jan then took the leftover dough and made cinnamon rolls.  This is the first time she made anything from scratch in a long time.

I got a couple of projects done, now need to process the videos, they will be up soon.  So much went on and not enough space to tell it.  Oh well, maybe next time.

Hope everybody has a fantastic day today!
"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim

Lipripper

Morning everyone and Rodney sorry to hear about your sister and will add her to prayer list also. Jim be sure to keep an eye on them reds so you can get out there and catch some when they come in. Hope everyone has a good day.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Donald Garner

Good evening to everyone,

Beautiful day here in Central Texas mostly Clear Skies with the temps in the low 70's.  Got the wife back home safely.  It was 19 dgrs with 5inches of snow on the ground there at our son's place in Anchorage.  I don't miss that white stuff at all. 

Rodney; Sorry to hear about your sister we'll add the entire family to our daily prayer list.

Jim; Tks for the well wishes we made it home safely.  That's a real nice looking saw table there.

Lip; She had a great visit and no she didn't bring any of that White Stuff down here to Central Texas.  People around here would freak out with 5 inches of snow sitting on the ground.

Fred; Too bad you didn't get out on the water.  At least you got a big dent on all that work you got schedule.  Hope you're able to finish it up soon.

To everyone have a very pleasant day tomorrow.  Tight lines if you're able to get out on the water.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Oldfart9999

Good morning everybody. Made it to the gym, first time back on the stairmaster since my back went south 31/2 weeks ago, tough but actually felt good to finish, covered in sweat but finished. lo Last week I did the elliptical, abdominal and my 2 shoulder exercises, but no stairmaster, waited til this week. Donald, glad your wife had a good trip, did you enjoy any games? Fred, how's the house coming, well I pray. Jim, nice table, lots of room for accessories and I'm sure you'll have that figured out quickly, take some to catch a few reds too! Cold, wet and a bit windy Lip, you need to turn your fans in a more northerly direction, we get enough coming from our friends in Canada. lo  Just a few flurries in the southern tier and I'm sure parts of the ADK, I'm in no rush for them. lo
Don't know if I'll be here tomorrow, I'm heading to Syracuse to see my sister fir a few hours and I plan on doing the gym thing in the morning.
Have a great day and if I don't see ya have a great day tomorrow!
Rodney 
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Lipripper

Morning everyone it a cool  48* with a light wind and a little overcast this morning. No white stuff up here yet either Rodney and have a safe trip up to see your sister. Donald glad the boss made it home safe and didn't bring you any of that white stuff either. ;D Hope everyone has a nice day.

Donald Garner

Good evening to all,

Another beautiful day here in Central Texas.  We had clear skies with temps in the low 80's.  Our mornings temps have been in the mid 50's to high 60's.  Nothing going on here except work the wife is relaxing after her vacation with the grand kids and traveling. 

Rodney; Glad you made it back into the gym.  I always enjoyed going and working out on the stair master, stationary bike and rowing machine.  When I was done I was soaking wet with heavy sweat.  The Crusaders won their game 20 to 15.  It was one of the lowest scoring games I ever saw them play.  They are undefeated in the Div. III Southwest Conference.

Lip; My good man I hope things are getting better for ya.  No snow or cold weather was brought back down from the Last Frontier State  ;)

To everyone have a very pleasant evening and day tomorrow.
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

Lipripper

Good morning every one. It's a cool.. ~rain and windy 47* up here today. Donald I know your glad to have the Mrs back home and glads she left the snow up there. ;D Hope everyone has a good day and I think most of the real hot weather is done for just about everyone this year. ~sweat

Donald Garner

Most Clear Skies with the temps in the low 80's here in Central Texas.  It was another day at school just busy enough to make it through.  The community got early voting going on so the wife and I went and did our thing.  Lots of people there and have been all week so far according to the election officials at the polling site.  The last day for early voting here in our town is Friday.

Lip; Yes sir I'm glad the lady of the house is home.  Really don't know how much you miss them until  their gone.  Brother hope things are going well for ya and you're getting stronger everyday.  We still got you in our daily prayers.

To everyone have a very pleasant and quiet evening and a Great day tomorrow.

Oldfart9999

GOOD GRIEF!!! IT'S SNOWING!!!! :'( :'( :o :o :o :surrender: :surrender: ~xyz ~xyz ~rant ~rant 32 headed to 45, snow turning to rain, BLECCHHH. Went to see my sister yesterday, will be heading back Saturday, she's doing well, she knows it's a matter of time and she is ready, but she wants to see everyone in the family before she goes home. Thank you all for your prayers, they are a huge help!! Donald, yep, you sure can work up a sweat at the gym, specially when it's humid, I take a small towel and have seen times I could wring it out. lo Good thing your wife is home us guys aren't meant to live alone. :) Congrats on voting! Fred, Jim, and the rest, hope you're all well and good. Lip, I'm afraid we aren't going to be able to put off the white stuff much longer, sad but true. :'( :'( :( :( ~xyz ~rant going to have to get the snowblower ready this weekend.
Rodney   

Pferox

Mornin Y'all!

It is actually 66 degrees out now, wow!  May have to look for my Parka soon.   ~roflmao

Sorry about the Weather Rodney, but now it is your turn to suffer, we did all summer long down here.  Prayers still going out for you, your family and sister.

Sounds like life is getting back to somewhat normal there, Don.

I have spent the last couple days in front of the scroll saw, making Halloween Ornaments for the wife who had decided she wants to have a painting party this weekend.  We are also cutting it close, but should have an animal themed Halloween decoration completed for Maker's Care ..... on the last day, of course.

This scroll saw thing is like a wood lathe, it can become addictive.   ::)

Hope everybody has a fantastic day today.
"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim

Lipripper

Morning everyone and it's a cool 45* overcast with a slight wind but no  ~rain or as of yet  ~c~ ~c~ Rodney you can keep it all up there  lo lo Oh and remember don't eat yellow snow   ;D Will keep all of y'all in our prayers. Jim I saw all that stuff you did and boy are y'all going to be busy painting. ~sweat Have fun. With your cooler weather them reds ought to be moving back in the bay so you can get out there and catch some.

Donald Garner

Bright sunny skies for most of the day here in Central Texas.  The cooler weather has moved on and were back to temps ranging from the mid 60's - mid 80's.   Nice quiet day for the most part at school nothing exciting happening.  The wife and I are off to the movies here in a little bit.  We're doing something different for a change. 

Rodney; Prayers for you and your entire family.  Its that time of the year for that White Stuff to start falling.  My son got close to 5" inches in Anchorage last week.  Looking at the temps there I want to say its more than likely melted already.

Jim; Yep life is back to normal for a while.  She's talking about a road trip to Louisiana to spend some time with an old friend here in the future. 

Lip; Great to see you on line; Hope you're getting better everyday.

To everyone have a very pleasant evening and great day tomorrow.

Lee Smith

What a month, damn glad it's about over!!!

Rodney, have yall in our prayers brother. 

Lip, get your butt in gear!!! 

Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

Donald Garner

Lee, glad to see you on line  ~c~  Hope you're getting to feeling better also brother.  We got you in our daily prayers  ~shade

Oldfart9999

TGIF!!! TGIF!!! All you folks what are paying for SS and Medicare cause the libs spent it all. TGIF!!! Thank you!!! ~c~ Hey Lee good to see you up and at em! Thank you my friend! Hope you're feeling your normal self, mean, rotten, miserable and ornery. lo ;D Donald, hope you enjoy your upcoming trip to Louisiana.Enjoy the quiet times at work, they tend to be few and far between in my experience. Jim glad for your cooler temps and that your woodworking is moving along, yep, you'll be doing marquetry soon. :) Lip, that little cartoon reminds me of the riding and racing sled days, we had one guy that was all he said."Don't eat the yellow snooowww!" It was more like a chant for him. lo
Have a great weekend, stay warm and try to wet a line,
Rodney

Lipripper

Morning everyone and it's a cool 46* with no wind and a few clouds . Lee good to see your starting to feel better. Donald what movie did y'all go watch? I saw where they were getting all that snow up there and they can keep it. Jim in this cooler weather you need to get out and see if them reds have moved in yet. Rodney you put your boat up for the winter yet? Hope everyone has a good weekend and go fishing if you can.

Deadeye

Morning all.

Been awhile since I've been on, had to do some "catch up" reading.

Got everything I need to do done at Dad's except the siding and paint. Time for a break, wife and dad don't care if I do it yet or not. Dad says if someone wants the house and want it fixed we'll fix it if not we don't have to, wife says wait until January or so. Did take the time over the last two days to get some things done at OUR house I been needing to fix or repair.

Thinking about heading up to Pa around Thanksgiving to see my Mom and hunt with my brother for a few days. Mom was transferred to a Nursing Home close to her home but is feeling sick and dizzy so not doing much rehab right now. Her spirits keep going up and down. Sometimes she seems fine other she tells me if she can't get her legs back so she can go home she doesn't care to live anymore. Been two years since I seen her anyway, time to do that.

Going to try and fish this morning on the River for a bit, then go check the game cams on the Property tomorrow and see if the Food Plot has done anything. Next Saturday starts Gun Deer Season, so need an idea if going down there is worth it or if I need to get a WMA Permit.

Everyone have a great day.

Oldfart9999

Good morning all. Haven't winterized the boat yet Lip, hope to get out once or twice, we'll see. Prayers for your Mom Fred, hope you can get some "me" time outside.
Rodney

Lipripper

Morning everyone and we are having a heat wave today 69* light wind and a little overcast. Fred praying that your mom has more good days than bad days. Hope your food plot is doing ok and that your trail cam has some nice shots on it. Rodney I hope you can get out a few more times before hard water sets in. Jim are them reds in the bay yet? You need to go catch some  ;D Hope everyone has a nice weekend.

Donald Garner

Good evening guys,

Had a front move through this morning we have fog out on the lake and some cool temps.  It cleared off about 10am and it got into the mid 70's.  Had to work late last night it was our High Schools last home game of the season.  Got home around 11:30ish.  Carl and I spent 1/2 day out on Belton Lake this morning.  We took his small pontoon boat up into Cowhouse Creek.  We managed to catch (10) Largemouths the largest (5) went 13.6lbs; Big Bass was 4.7lbs.  After getting home I mowed and trimmed the yard.  I'm fixing to hop in the recliner and spend the rest of the evening watching football.

Fred; We have you and your family in our daily prayers.  Hope your mother's has more better days ahead of her.  Hope you managed to stick a few this morning also.  Good luck with the upcoming hunting trip.

Rodney; Shame its almost that time for winterizing your boat.  I'm glad we don't have to do that down there.  That upcoming Louisiana Trip is my wife's trip to visit her friend ~shade.  I get to stay home and work  :surrender:

Lip; Great to see you on line brother.  Hope your days are getting better also.

To everyone have a very pleasant weekend.

Deadeye

Morning all.

Thanks for the prayers guys.

Rodney won't be long before I'll have to Winterize my boat too. That means take my extra pair of shorts out and replace them with pants! Sorry couldn't resist.

The day started out fairly calm but the wind came up Big Time within a few hours. I fished the River and the current was so strong still from the Hurricane Rains down south it was hard to fish. I got two bites and hooked one, so I'm happy.

Going down to take a walk in the woods and see if it's worth hunting next weekend, if not I think I'll get a WMA Permit and hunt the one near me that does not have a Qouta on it, so anyone can go. It's not large, well 3,500 acres, and when I hunted it before it seems everyone hunted the same spot. I'll avoid that area and see what else I can find. 3,500 acres seems big but when a lot of it is swamp and muck and it forces everyone to hunt the same basic areas it doesn't take long for it to get crowded. That and it's right beside the Largest City in Volusia County. Anyone that hunts that lives there knows about it.

Everyone have a great day.

Donald Garner

Good morning to everyone,

We're starting the day off with Partly Sunny skies and 65dgrs.  We're off to church here in a little bit them its back home for some home made pot roast  :)  We've been invited to an Open House so we'll be taking that in this afternoon.  Some of these Open Houses are pretty interesting on how the contractors have designed these new homes.  This one we're off to is an older home and has been flipped.  Should be a pleasant afternoon.  Sunday Night Football be playing here as the Eagles and Cowboys get after it.  Should be a good game as most are when these teams play one another.

Fred; Congrats on the catching.  One is better than zero.  Good luck with the upcoming hunting season also.  Hope you're able to bag your deer. 

To everyone have a very pleasant Sunday.  Be safe if you're out on the water and road ways.

Lipripper

Morning everyone and it's a cool 56* with a light wind and a little over cast. It looks like rain but they didn't call for any. Fred don't get to cold down there  lo lo Glad you got out and caught a fish and hope you have a good hunting season and can find a spot that isn't to crowded. ~sweat Donald enjoy your pot roast and your visit to the open house. Enjoy the game and it should be a good one. Rodney you going fishing today or firing up the grill. Jim them reds in the bay yet so you can catch them.

Oldfart9999

Good evening ya'll. Lip, no fishing, windy and rain, no grill, chicken cacciatore with cheesecake and icecream for desert, we eat well here. lo Went to see my sister yesterday and on the way home we stopped at Wegmans for dinner. The Pittsford store, suburb of Rochester, is the flagship store for Wegmans super Markets. They have a burger joint that while it's not in the store it's attached and you're able to walk back and forth. Anyway, they have upscale burgers that are as close to gourmet as it's possible to get. We both had Maple Onion Bacon Burgers, 1/2lb beef burger, aged cheddar, smoked bacon, maple onion jam, chipotle aioli, on a toasted brioche roll, zucchini fries, and the best onion rings you can imagine. I had a vanilla shake and my wife had an adult Ultimate Chocolate, chocolate ice cream, DaVinci Dark Chocolate, dark rum Topped with whipped cream, drizzled with chocolate sauce. You wouldn't believe the menu. You don't leave hungry. Buuurrrrp! Fred I hope your pants haven't been eaten by moths. lo Donald, the wife is off to wherever, you, the husband are stuck home working, yeah, sounds about right. :surrender:
Rodney   

Oldfart9999

Good morning all you ghosties, goblins, spooks and zombies! Happy candy hunting! You ready Lip? what are you going as? lo lo ::) I'm going as myself. lo lo Wouldn't you dump the candy in the bag of somebody dresses as an Oldfart just to get rid of them? Scary I tell you! lo ::) lo Not much happening here, gotta love quiet days!
Rodney