Life lessons

Started by zippyduck, October 24, 2016, 03:12:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zippyduck

I am not doing this for sympathy.

I have lost 3 important people in my my life in the last 3 months. First one was Jake my first lab I  trained for duck and pheasant hunting. He was very loyal and loving. He hunted for me even later than he should have, but I kept those days shorter.
2nd was my firends wife who was special in that during a tough time in my life I would visit at all hours and she did all she could for me.
Then my best friend, hunting partner, and second Dad past away.

Well I got depressed for a couple weeks, then found out how lucky I am to have many friends that made me relise how much i love the outdoors and that everyone I lostwould want me to get out again.
The next day I fished with my partner and I only caught 2 bass but it so much fun being out doing what I love.

I know I lost some great friends but know that they were put in my life for a reason and now I know that many others are going to fill the gaps.

Well i finally bought a license and went out with my neighbor and his 10 year old grandson, and my nephew for some pheasant and squirrels for the boy.
To say that the boy was excited is a major understatement. Every thing that flew was a pheasant, even the eagles a mile high. Every leaf blowing around had to be a squirrel. Wow how much that boy brought me back to living again.
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

Lipripper

Your right nothing like the excitement of a young hunter to get you excited again. Thanks for sharing with us.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Oldfart9999

It was those great friends that showed you how much you love to be outdoors, to no longer do so would be let them down. You now have the chance to do the same for a youngster.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

zippyduck

Thanks for your words of wisdom Gentlemen.

cd1

Quote from: zippyduck on October 24, 2016, 03:12:25 PM

To say that the boy was excited is a major understatement. Every thing that flew was a pheasant, even the eagles a mile high. Every leaf blowing around had to be a squirrel. Wow how much that boy brought me back to living again.

Each of you may never know how much you did for the other.  What a great story.

The Rooster

I'm glad I read this post. I needed it and didnt even realize, but as I read it I felt my mind literally change for the better on my pessimistic ways. I need to start living again. I've been working on it lately, but I have a negative atitude on almost everything it seems. I need to start seeing rustling leaves as squirrels, too, and every splash as a 5 pound bass that just broke surface rather than an old carp rolling in the mud or a mean kid on shore throwing rocks.

Thanks for the post.

zippyduck

Rooster,
I am glad this little post helped you. It is always healing to be in the woods or on the water. I hope you find the peace I have found.