My Pantera in rough water

Started by crappie man, October 28, 2016, 08:27:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crappie man

So I bought a pantera,I get a call from my dad he said I made a mistake cause in rough water my boat stinks.He has a Champ,also he said no way my boat will do 60 with the 150 on it.Well it hit 62.8 actually.Anyway your thoughts on this rough water debate???

big g

Unless your fishing the Great Lakes you'll be fine. v~
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

Polaris425

Quote from: big g on December 06, 2016, 10:39:43 AM
Unless your fishing the Great Lakes you'll be fine. v~

I agree...

I took my Sabre to Wheeler a few years back when there was rain and strong wind, the waves probably weren't but 2' swell at the most, but for down here that's big. The sabre handled them fine. Now I'm in a PIV and it's even better. Your dad is just jealous of your new CAT. lol
Fishin' Alabama
Building Rods, & Snatchin' Lips.

Mike Cork

Quote from: WarriorRiverTackle on December 06, 2016, 10:52:39 AM
Your dad is just jealous of your new CAT. lol

This was what I was thinking. All the kitty owners here in Louisiana love them and rough water is never a complaint. We don't get real bad waves unless at Toledo Bend and then it doesn't matter what you're in, 60 is too fast and will be very rough.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Polaris425

Quote from: Mike Cork on December 06, 2016, 11:35:21 AM
This was what I was thinking. All the kitty owners here in Louisiana love them and rough water is never a complaint. We don't get real bad waves unless at Toledo Bend and then it doesn't matter what you're in, 60 is too fast and will be very rough.

Also True, I didn't mention that in the Sabre (Especially being 18' long) I never went much over plane. I think 25-30mph was my top speed that day. And left the motor trimmed down so she'd run real flat and sit down in the water... But the waves were no problem.
Fishin' Alabama
Building Rods, & Snatchin' Lips.