Powell Inferno

Started by LgMouthGambler, November 03, 2016, 07:28:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LgMouthGambler

Anybody have any experience with these rods? I have been looking at them for a while, and I think this would be a good rod to stick the Fuego on. I mean, come on, Fuego and Inferno, they just have to be good together, right?
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on November 03, 2016, 07:28:00 AM
Anybody have any experience with these rods? I have been looking at them for a while, and I think this would be a good rod to stick the Fuego on. I mean, come on, Fuego and Inferno, they just have to be good together, right?

That's pretty funny...  lo

cortman

It would be a fire combo!  lo

No experience with the Inferno but I have a Max 3D that I like very much, excellent rod.

loomisguy

I have the inferno 705 crankbait rod and the 702 spinning rod I use for the ned rig and shakey head, along with several Max 3D's.
I've been really pleased with them. Powell makes a great rod and they fish way above the price point.

FlatsNBay

I've been looking at them too. I have a Powell Diesel Crankbait stick and it is easily my favorite rod. I'll probably try the Inferno  in the future too.

loomisguy

I've made a few bucks with the diesel crankbait rod, surprising how good it is . Great deep little N rod.

Tavery5

They have quite a few models at our local tackle shop.  Since they started selling the Inferno series rods, I have seen none returned and the people that have been asked about them seem to really like the rod.   

Similar to a lower end Dobyn's in my opinon.

coldfront

Quote from: loomisguy on November 06, 2016, 07:14:39 AM
I've made a few bucks with the diesel crankbait rod, surprising how good it is . Great deep little N rod.

I've been enjoying the powell 3d max 755... love how it handles the DLN

loomisguy

That 755 is on my shopping list. I understand it also makes a great buzzbait rod.

coldfront

Quote from: loomisguy on November 14, 2016, 11:15:54 AM
That 755 is on my shopping list. I understand it also makes a great buzzbait rod.

I don't get too caught up in 'what' to toss on it...
I can tell you this:  love the length, action and sensitivity.  Use it for cranks, spinnerbaits, buzzbaits and toss jigs/jubes and soft plastics on it.

don't really care about what is 'written on it'... the action, power, sensitivity make it an outstanding multi-purpose rod (IMO)

also toss the 705 (topwater, cranks, spinnerbaits) and 801 (frog, punch, c-rig)...  still hold on to my 7 foot cumara jig rods... but the powells are pretty nice.

mhilgtx

Did you ever pull the trigger on this rod?

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: mhilgtx on December 29, 2016, 11:49:54 PM
Did you ever pull the trigger on this rod?
No. Unfortunately have since gone a complete different direction all together. Lol

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on December 30, 2016, 03:10:03 AM
No. Unfortunately have since gone a complete different direction all together. Lol

<")))>{

lo ... a complete 180.