Dec Bassin, Bs'n and Happy Holidays

Started by Donald Garner, November 30, 2016, 07:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Kennedy

Gonna be a cold one here on the grand strand for a couple of days.  Temps down into the 20s tonight and only in the low 30s tomorrow night.  This is about as bad as it gets here but usually not until mid to late January.  At least no snow to deal with.  You folks up in lake effect country be careful when you are out clearing snow, you are not as young as you were once.

Donald Garner

Good evening to everyone,

It was frig'n cold here this morning 28dgrs with the wind chill factor   :shocking:  Our high today was 45 dgrs  :surrender:  Someone left the door open up along the Red River and all that cold swept right on down South lo  I'm just glad it stopped raining when it did.  These people down here Do Not Know How To Drive as it is in dry weather much less icy weather.

Fred; Best wishes on the upcoming surgery.  We got you in our daily prayers.

Lip; Thought I was going to have to put on the 100mph Suit this morning  ~shade   I'm glad I bought that suit I've worn it a few times just doing things outdoors.  It is warm.

Rodney; Appreciated you sending that Cold Blast down this way...... NOT  lo  hope the weather doesn't get to nasty for youns up there. 

Bud; We really don't get much cold weather here in Central Texas.  It has snowed here a few times since I've lived here but it was all gone by the next day.

You all have a very safe and pleasant weekend.  Stay warm and dry.                   
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Oldfart9999

Happy Saturday, again, I was posting when all of a sudden you guys just disappeared, strange, very strange, I'm beginning to think my laptop may need an exorcism. lo No snow last night, lake effect can be unpredictable, the town of Perrysville had 19 inches at dinner time, the Tug Hill Plateau had at least 2 feet and counting, it's coming boys, time to batten the hatches!
Donald, wish I could take the credit but it really was FC John, he called it in from Siberia and sent it south, not nice! ~xyz lo
Bud, it's why I have a snowblower, it not only let's me do my house but take care of several neighbors also without beating my self to death. :) :)
Fred, hope all goes well with the in-laws, more prayers for your surgery!!
Well Lip, guess it's here Buddy, time to throw an extra log on the fire and pickup a good book or 3, the time of tying and reel cleaning, it'll make the first trip with the Good Ship Oldfart that much better!! :) ;D
Have a great day, stay warm!!
Rodney 
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Deadeye

Morning all.

Day 3 Starts without smoking. Only time it has really bothered me was yesterday while just standing or sitting around waiting for something to do while the girls kept going from one area to another.

I was loading whatever we were to take but the other 3 girls just kept piling up more stuff and saying "we'll need to go through that" instead of deciding what they wanted and just loading it. The Brother got sick and didn't show, so now we have to figure out what to do with the stuff he was supposed to get.

Once the drinks started flowing with two of them it got worse. I'll just leave it at that.

It will all work out in the end.

Everyone have a great day.

Lipripper

Morning everyone and it's a cold 20* with a wind chill of 9* overcast with no wind or snow as of yet but by the looks of the map it's on it's way. They are still calling for 8" to 10" around here starting this afternoon or evening. Rodney I saw where your part of the country was getting dumped on. ~sweat Like you said I think Flower John up there broke out all his put them on high and pointed them in our direction. lo lo  lo Bud glad you don't get any of that and it won't stay cold for to long in your area. Fred one day at a time and sorry you have to deal with them family problems I'm afraid I would have lost it and said something to only make it worse. Hope your surgery go ok and that it helps with your pain. Donald keep that  100mph Suit handy cause you might need it again. Your right about them people not knowing how to drive down there when the weather gets like that. heck there are a lot of people around here that don't know how to either. ~xyz Jim hope your staying warm and dry down there and have them reds come in yet? Well hope everyone has a nice and safe weekend. I will have to try and get some pictures of the snow so I can show y'all what your missing out on. ~roflmao ~roflmao

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Donald Garner

Greetings to everyone,

Cloudy and 38 dgrs here for the start of the day in Central Texas.  We're off to do some shopping and out to lunch.  Our Div III Football Team is playing today and if they win they will attend the Stagg Bowl (Super Bowl) for Div III Football Championship in Virginia.  The game will be televised on ESPN 3 next week.

Lip; We got a warming front moving in later on this coming week.  Its suppose to be back up in the 70's  ~c~ 

Fred; Good luck with the upcoming surgery

Rodney; I had that same problem yesterday on my computer.  I was doing a reply on UB and the page disappeared  :-\  It seems to be working ok today.

To everyone be safe in your travels during this Wintery Storm.  You guys all stay warm.
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

Bud Kennedy

Feeling better today.  The past couple days had some issues that was not pleasant.  Must have eaten something that did not do well in an old man's stomach.  Just can't eat the way I did a number of years ago.  I guess it goes with the territory.  Got the dog bathed and trimmed her hair a bit so that task is all done for a while.  Temps today only into the 40s but bright and sunny.  Monday we are supposed to hit 70 again.  Did a bunch of baking over the past few days to take to the church for their bake sale to raise some extra money for kids in need.

Deadeye

Morning all.

Most of the worst is over now. After standing around for about 3 hours yesterday and not loading a dang thing I lost it a little bit. I finally said what are we waiting for? They said we have to wait for XX to get here to see what they want. I said BS, you know what they want for sure right now let's start loading it.

"Amazingly" their mom knew just about everything they wanted. We loading it all up in about 30 minutes, then sat there for another 2 hours before taking it to their house.

All done now except for when their Brother finally shows to get his stuff. I suggested we put it all in the shed and ask the new buyers if we could rent it for a month. This worked out great as they needed some furniture and Dad had some that no one wanted and we made a trade of the furniture for storing the Brother's stuff in the shed.  Brother might have gotten more, but after not after not showing up for almost 3 months I guess he gets what he gets, as no one knew what he wanted or didn't want.

And so it is when years of family living comes to an end. There is always stuff more than one wants, stuff that only one wants, stuff that no one wants.

Cool today but is supposed to warm up this week.

Neck is stiff and sore. Not much I can do about it but add some heat. Hope this surgery tomorrow does what it's supposed to. I have no idea what the recovery time is, don't think we ever talked about it. I supposed it will depend on how things go. It is supposed to be a Minimum Invasive Surgery, but if the bones break it could turn into a complete Fillet Open and Full Fusion Surgery. Hope that's not the case. 

Everyone have a great day.

Donald Garner

Good morning to everyone,
Its cloudy and 54 dgrs with fog for the start of the day here in Central Texas.  We're off to church and going to stop by our favorite Mexican Restaurant afterwards.   Our Div III football team got the job done last night. It was a defensive game from start to finish they're on their way to the Stagg Bowl.  They won a close one 14 - 12.  The game will be televised on ESPN U this coming Friday Night at 7 pm.  Congrats to the Crusaders of Mary Hardin Baylor.  They finished the season 14 -0 this is their second trip to the Stagg Bowl in the program history.

Fred; We have you in our daily prayers.  Best wishes on your upcoming surgery tomorrow.

To everyone have a very pleasant day.

Lipripper

Morning everyone. it's 26* overcast and no wind with a break in the snow. Well we only got around 4" out of the first round but it's suppose to start back up again in a few hours with another 3" to 4" expected. Sure glad I don't have to get out in it. ~sweat Bud glad your feeling better and getting some stuff done. Fred I know your glad to have that stuff just about over with. Will be saying a prayer for your surgery tomorrow and that everything will work out fine. Donald congratulation on your team winning. You and your wife have a nice meal and a relaxing afternoon. Rodney you getting some snow I'm sure so when your out there playing in it take it easy. ;D Hope everyone has a relaxing day.

Oldfart9999

Afternoon all! Lip, we only got a trace today, nothing last night, supposed to get 1-3 by tomorrow but who knows.
Geez Fred, that's too bad, when my Dad died we had an apartment so I couldn't take anything, when my Mom died there were only a few things my sister and I wanted, we split it up with no problem, she got what she wanted and I got what I wanted, just some things of value to us the rest was donated.
Donald, I know what those stomach problems can be, though to grow old, not always tea and crumpets. Watched the Army-Navy game, great game! came down to last moments, exciting!
Prayers still coming for you Fred!!
Rodney

Pferox

Good Morning Y'all!

66 here now and rain.  Was pretty warm yesterday too ..... with rain. Been real busy around here getting stuff finished to ship for presents and to people who wanted to buy some of this stuff.  Jan has been selling a lot of jewelery and we shipped out a lot of that also this weekend.  I'm still in crunch mode, have to finish a "Treasure Box" which looks more like a toolbox for the little boys in the family. I am rushing to finish my nephew's so I can get all the gifts shipped out to Beecher, IL.

Prayers for a safe and productive surgery, Fred.  I know that dibbying out the "spoils" can sometimes be frustrating.

Congratulations on the win Don!  Hope they go all the way this year!

Hope you are feeling better Bud, the cast iron stomach of youth turning into the washing machine of old age just ain't right, but it is a way of life I guess.

Stay warm Rodney and take it easy with that snow blower, it can be as strenuous as shoveling so I have been told.

When the weather changed, my sinus decided to act up, been trying to function while being sick, hopefully everything will settle down soon.

Hope everybody has a fantastic Monday!

"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim

Lipripper

Morning everyone and it'a a cold 22* with a wind chill of 9* and we didn't get as much snow as they though we might only around 7" but that's enough. ~sweat Next comes the bitter cold it could go to -30 with the wind chill before the weekend. Rodney hope you don't get dumped on like some parts of your state did but like you said you just never know. Fred hope your surgery goes well today and that it helps your pain trouble. Jim you have been very busy with all them boxes  ~sweat Well if you can't fish you might as well keep busy building them boxes. You got nephews in Beecher ? I stayed there with some friends years ago while our house was being fixed up after our fire. Well hope everyone has a good day .

Oldfart9999

Evening ya'll. Made it back to the gym, my knee survived the elliptical this morning but has been sore almost continually for the past 3 weeks or so, have to call the Doc tomorrow, time for more cortisone. This growing older isn't everything it's cracked up to be. lo We had about 3 inches of heavy snow last night, it went to near 40 today and a lot of it melted and I cleared the apron for the driveway this afternoon. I had to make a run to Buffalo or I would have cleared the whole thing this morning.
Fred, hope and pray your surgery went well today!
Jim, I'd take that rain over this snow. lo  Think you'll have all the boxes done in time?
Rodney

Donald Garner

Good evening guys,

We had a beautiful day today Clear Skies for the most part with the temps in the low 60's  ~sun  Not much happening here except work and my weekly acupuncture treatment. 

Rodney; I agree that growing older isn't everything its cracked up to be either  ~shade  Wish I could send some of this Texas Weather your way.  Its suppose to be 80 dgrs Saturday  ;)

Lip; Youns need to move back to Texas :-*  We don't get all that lake effect snow and cold weather here  ;)

Jim; Good luck with getting those boxes done.  Hope you get to feeling better also.

Fred; Prayed that your surgery went well.

To everyone have a very pleasant day tomorrow.

Pferox

Mornin Y'all!

Hope everybody is feeling better, and is warm and dry.

I think I got all the deadline stuff done.  Have a a case to make for the SIL, and a Box that a friend of Jan's wants me to custom build, but they both are on the "no rush" list.  I'll still keep on stroking to finish them though. 

Got those "treasure boxes" done for the youngins, waiting for the shellac to totally cure, then they will be shipping out.  I got a video done on them too, going to post it up on Christmas Eve, kind of like a Christmas special thing I guess.

Hope everybody has a fantastic day today.
"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim

Lipripper

Morning everyone it's 20* but feels like 10* with the wind chill.Then tomorrow the temps are going to drop . Jim them looks good lot of hard work. Donald I would but I don't think Diana would go for it. Rodney sorry to hear your going to need another but glad it helps you feel better. 40* did you put your shorts back on. lo lo Fred hope your surgery went OK and that it helps with your pain. Hope everyone has a good day.

Oldfart9999

Afternoon everybody. The alarm went off at 4:00, turned it off and told Santa "all I want for Christmas is a new knee!!" lo Didn't make it to the gym til after lunch but I did it, don't know if I'm a tough old geezer or just stupid crazy, trying to get an appointment with the Doc.
Fred, how'd the surgery go? Let us know when you can!! Prayers!!
Donald, quiet is good, at least at work. lo Glad the acupuncture is working for you!
Well Lip, looks like the big chill and whiteout is on it's way, tomorrow or Thursday, hope you have your woolies ready!!
Rodney   

Lipripper

I don't need woolies I'm not going outside unless I have too. lo lo

Deadeye

Morning all.

I'm back home. Surgery went well the Dr said. I have instant relief in my left arm and shoulder. Both tops of my shoulders are sore. Dr said they had to pull down and tape them that way in order to get to the bottom vert.

He cleaned out and put three spacers in. The 4th had fused it's self with bone already, so he left it alone. If he had been doing an open cut surgery he would of broke it and re-done it. Doing it through a tube he didn't want to take the chance of missing the spot and causing more issues.

Wear a soft collar for 6-8 weeks. See Dr in 2 weeks to get stitches out.

Mostly just resting and sleeping. I am able to get up and walk, getting better at it every day.

Everyone have a great day

Oldfart9999

HAPPY HUMP DAY!! 18 degrees, windy, sunny for now, snow in time for rush hour this evening, glad I'm retired.
Fred, good deal the Doc said it went well and the pain is gone! Prayers still coming!
Lip, we might get to zero, we might get snow but by Saturday the temps supposed to get to near 40 with snow and rain. ugh ugh ugh!! I see the Doc Friday afternoon, yippee!
May your camels have lots of little camels!!
Rodney   

CraigP83

The mercury is still dropping in MN 5*F right now with -11 Wind Chill, Tomorrow morning is supposed to be -11*F with -22 Wind Chill. Friday we will get a reprieve with temps climbing all the way up to 13, but with that "warm" weather they expect 6''+ of snow. Saturday the bottom drops out with air temps of -24, no idea yet what the wind chill will be.

I don't share this information to gloat or show how "tough" Minnesotans can be, I mostly just need a shoulder to cry on  lo :'(

Pferox

Good Morning Y'all!

Stay warm Craig, sounds like you'll need to put another tree on the fire to accomplish it.

Hope you get to feeling better Rodney.

Sounds like the surgery was a success Fred.  Hope you heal quickly.

Good luck keeping that cabin fever at bay, lip.

We are surviving with these freezing temps around here, 60 degrees is tough.   ;)

Happy Hump Day, Y'all!

Lipripper

Morning everyone and it was 10* with a wind chill of -5 when I got up but we are having a heat wave now it's all the way up to 14* with a wind chill of zero but no more snow as of yet but by the weekend they are calling for 5" to 6" out of the next system with a little ice mixed in there somewhere and sub zero temps before that. Craig you try and stay warm up there and just keep thinking only around 130 more days till spring. :'( :'( Jim now you don't get to hot down there in all that heat. ::)  lo lo Fred that's great news and glad it looks like the surgery helped. ~c~ ~c~ Will be praying that it keeps going well.
Rodney Happy to you too. 40* in December  :o dang your lucky I don't think we will see temps that high again till March  :'( Oh wellat least I don't have to get out in it to much. ;D Hope everyone has a great day and stay warm and dry.

Donald Garner

Greetings guys,
Its been cloudy all day with the temps ranging 41 / 55 dgrs.  Looks like we have another cold front coming in this weekend now we'll see how that plays out.  Nothing happening but work here the kids are taking there semester exams tomorrow and day after.  Thurs and Friday are 1/2 days and they start their Christmas Vacations Monday the 19th.  We get our Christmas Vacation starting the 26th - 2nd of Jan  ~c~

Fred; Tks for the update we still have you in our daily prayers.

Lip; Hope things are getting better for Ya.  You stay warm there brother.

Jim; You about done with those boxes?  Hope your weather stays dry and warm for ya.

Craig; Sorry to hear of all that COLD NASTY WEATHER you're dealing with there  :surrender:

Rodney; Best wishes for ya at the Doctor's office.

To everyone have a very pleasant evening and a bless day tomorrow.