What reel for my first LSCR?

Started by West6550, December 28, 2016, 10:41:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

West6550

Quote from: cojab on January 05, 2017, 08:57:19 PM
Are you able to order it with custom colors or did you order parts you are going to install?
They installed them for like 5 bucks or so.

West6550

I will post pictures of it when I get back from NC.

It turned out beautiful for sure. Might even get some red screws to add a little more red down the road.

Lee Smith

Quote from: West6550 on January 06, 2017, 11:15:56 AM
I will post pictures of it when I get back from NC.

It turned out beautiful for sure. Might even get some red screws to add a little more red down the road.

Red?  Well that ain't gonna match  ~roflmao  ;)
Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

SFL BassHunter

Lee did he tell you lime green over the phone?  ~roflmao
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

West6550

I'm just glad Lee said there is a 100% color match and rod satisfaction guarantee. No questions asked replacement policy!

Lee Smith

Quote from: West6550 on January 06, 2017, 01:15:58 PM
I'm just glad Lee said there is a 100% color match and rod satisfaction guarantee. No questions asked replacement policy!

~roflmao  ~roflmao

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: West6550 on January 06, 2017, 01:15:58 PM

There is good news and bad news. The bad news is that the cost of that particular ploicy is whatever you already paid for the rod plus 50%. The good news is you can pay in monthly installments if you want.  lo
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Lee Smith

Actually, I just looked it up, it's $500 down and $52/mo for 25 years, but you get some good coverage, color change because you upgraded your high dollar reel, repairs for life (shipping and handling fees apply)  And for an extra $300 we'll add a free shipping for all the above!

It's a GREAT DEAL  "As Seen On TV"  Do Not Let This One Get Away!!  Act Now for Special Savings!!

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: Lee Smith on January 06, 2017, 03:28:11 PM
Actually, I just looked it up, it's $500 down and $52/mo for 25 years, but you get some good coverage, color change because you upgraded your high dollar reel, repairs for life (shipping and handling fees apply)  And for an extra $300 we'll add a free shipping for all the above!

It's a GREAT DEAL  "As Seen On TV"  Do Not Let This One Get Away!!  Act Now for Special Savings!!

~roflmao ~roflmao ~roflmao

Smallie_Stalker

And if you act now Lee will double the offer if you just pay a small extra shipping fee as long as you set up automatic lifetime payments to your credit card.   ;D

Lipripper

~roflmao ~roflmao and if you order in the next 5 seconds we will upgrade that order to two just pay S&H .

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

LgMouthGambler

Someones been up late watching TV. Lol

<")))<{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

basss

8.1 Ct type-r. I just ordered one. 
1995 Gheenoe Highsider
2018 12' Bote HD Paddleboard

West6550

West6550

Got my customized SV103xs after all the recommendations.

I traded out the stock purple for black and red.

It is very smooth and very solid feeling. Can't wait to put it on my LSCR once it comes in.

I love the metallic looking paint.

Once my Lews TP is back from being cleaned. I might swap the carbon fiber handle to this reel.

SFL BassHunter

It sure is a pretty reel! How do you like the size of it?
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

West6550

Quote from: rickdelprado on January 09, 2017, 09:50:53 PM
It sure is a pretty reel! How do you like the size of it?
Feel's great so far. I like how comfortable it feels on the left side as I hold the reel in my hand.

Funny enough when I texted you earlier while at Academy I palmed the Tat and was surprised how wide it was. Looked at the wide spool Lews as well. Both felt fine to hold but felt bulky to me.

But coming from Lews which are normally very compact and light compared to others. I can honestly say I am not sure how long..  if I would have kept the wide Tatula.

Glad Matt steered me away from the TWS when I first looked at Daiwas.

SFL BassHunter

The CT takes care of that problem. The CT is just slightly bigger than my Lews Team Lite. Barely noticeable.

But yea the reel you got is probably much better. Well I hope so considering the price difference lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Florida Bass Fishing

zippyduck

Looks great with the color changes. Some day mine will have upgraded bearings and blue parts.
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

West6550

Quote from: rickdelprado on January 09, 2017, 10:23:26 PM
But yea the reel you got is probably much better. Well I hope so considering the price difference lol.

Yeah definitely. I did get a great deal. Still
the most I have ever paid for a reel.

j102

Congrats! Can't wait to see your first fish with it.

LgMouthGambler

Yeah buddy! Ready to roll!

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Capt. BassinLou

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: West6550 on January 09, 2017, 09:22:06 PM

Once my Lews TP is back from being cleaned. I might swap the carbon fiber handle to this reel.

Are you sure you can swap a LEW's reel handle over to a Daiwa reel?

West6550

Quote from: Bassinlou on January 10, 2017, 06:45:51 AM
Are you sure you can swap a LEW's reel handle over to a Daiwa reel?
I am going to find out lol