Florida Fishbook 2017

Started by LgMouthGambler, January 01, 2017, 08:53:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LgMouthGambler

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

LgMouthGambler

Lou, Ill be putting the reel together today.

<")))<{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on January 01, 2017, 08:53:51 AM
Lou, Ill be putting the reel together today.

<")))<{

:toot: WOOHOO!!  :toot:

Thank you sir!!

Lipripper

everyone and may y'all have a great year of catching Big Bass. ;D

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

SFL BassHunter

Happy New Year guys!

Man I drank more in the last 2 days than possibly all of the last 2 years.

But headed to the keys in a bit to stand on a bridge and hopefully catch some nice snapper. I need a saltwater rod. Thought maybe build one in 2017, but I don't do enough saltwater fishing, might as well go to the Walmart and get me one of them cheap broom sticks. lol
I had bought a Shimano Sojourn 2+ years ago as my first rod. Using it to bank fish saltwater. Though it is a Heavy freshwater rod. I think it may be a musky rod. Since we don't have none of those down here it may explain why it was 50% off its msrp of 30 bucks.
Anyways, It does well with snapper and fish of that size, but on these bridges you never know what you are gonna catch. Sturdy rod though. Done good against some snook too.

Pferox I'll be posting a report in Saltwater tonight!
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Lipripper

Rick don't fall off the bridge. ;D Good luck and hope you catch some snappers.

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: Lipripper on January 01, 2017, 09:21:08 AM
Rick don't fall off the bridge. ;D Good luck and hope you catch some snappers.

Thanks Lip! Man lemme tell you if I fall off that bridge I'm done.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

LgMouthGambler

Get a few for a good sammich

<")))<{

West6550

SFL BassHunter

Fried snapper sammich sounds good lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Florida Bass Fishing

LgMouthGambler

Welcome to th Dark side Lou.
10 minutes to install worm gear bearing, spool bearings, and handle. I think that may be a new record for me. I seem to have done a few of these lately.  Lol

<")))<{

West6550

Hey give me that handle!!! #Baller

Lipripper

What  :o no purple bling. lo lo Matt you could do this in your sleep by now. ~c~ ~c~

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on January 01, 2017, 10:58:39 AM
Welcome to th Dark side Lou.
10 minutes to install worm gear bearing, spool bearings, and handle. I think that may be a new record for me. I seem to have done a few of these lately.  Lol

<")))<{
Saweet!!!

LgMouthGambler

Mines been ZPi handled.

<")))<{

j102

Quote from: rickdelprado on January 01, 2017, 09:17:34 AM
Happy New Year guys!

Man I drank more in the last 2 days than possibly all of the last 2 years.

But headed to the keys in a bit to stand on a bridge and hopefully catch some nice snapper. I need a saltwater rod. Thought maybe build one in 2017, but I don't do enough saltwater fishing, might as well go to the Walmart and get me one of them cheap broom sticks. lol
I had bought a Shimano Sojourn 2+ years ago as my first rod. Using it to bank fish saltwater. Though it is a Heavy freshwater rod. I think it may be a musky rod. Since we don't have none of those down here it may explain why it was 50% off its msrp of 30 bucks.
Anyways, It does well with snapper and fish of that size, but on these bridges you never know what you are gonna catch. Sturdy rod though. Done good against some snook too.

Pferox I'll be posting a report in Saltwater tonight!

Hey Rick, good luck bridge fishing today. All you need is a MH rod with 20-40 lbs braid and a good 30 lbs and up leader, depending on where you are fishing.

West6550

I changed my mind. I want Matt's reel lol well the handle.

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: j102 on January 01, 2017, 11:49:14 AM
Hey Rick, good luck bridge fishing today. All you need is a MH rod with 20-40 lbs braid and a good 30 lbs and up leader, depending on where you are fishing.

I fish fairly light. 20lb big game main line. 15lb fluoro. Snapper are picky.

Florida Bass Fishing

j102

That's fine. But I like to go a bit heavy when fishing from bridges and stuff because of rocks and structure.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: West6550 on January 01, 2017, 11:55:52 AM
I changed my mind. I want Matt's reel lol well the handle.

Yeah... I saw that too... but I will wait til next Xmas...  ~roflmao

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: j102 on January 01, 2017, 12:11:43 PM
That's fine. But I like to go a bit heavy when fishing from bridges and stuff because of rocks and structure.

Yeah that's a pain.

Florida Bass Fishing

West6550

Quote from: Bassinlou on January 01, 2017, 12:21:26 PM
Yeah... I saw that too... but I will wait til next Xmas...  ~roflmao
Just remortgage the house... lmao!

SFL BassHunter

Posted my report in the Saltwater section! Go check it out! Caught some funny looking fish today!
Florida Bass Fishing

FlatsNBay

Went out on one of my favorite bank fishing spots that I call "The Hog Pond" due to all of the hog rooting around the pond. Looking up on my Fish Swami reports, it has been a year and a half since I fished it and the last time I caught a 7 pounder there on a frog, I only fish it when the water level is low as it is very difficult to get to the pond when the water is high.  Today the water level was much higher than I would of liked so I had to wade in some spots. Started out with a Zoom fluke in black/gold and had a few short strikes. I slowed my retrieve way down and almost dead sticking the fluke and that seemed to produce. I picked up 4 on the fluke in both black/gold and watermelon. As I was reeling the biggest of the day (2 lbs.) on the fluke my rod snapped about 12" from the tip!  ~rant  It was one of the BPS Carbonlites and wasn't that big of a deal as I was looking for an excuse to upgrade a few rods.  :-* My flipping stick was going to be my first upgrade but now it has to be my topwater/jerkbait rod instead. I had my frog rod with me so I picked up one more on a Bitter's Toad in bullfrog color. On the way home I stopped by one of my local parks and took a few casts with a Bitter's Senko style bait in junebug wacky rig. I picked up one on it for a total of 6 for the day. Nothing picture worthy other than a broken rod!  lo

Capt. BassinLou

Thanks for the report Flats, sorry about the rod. I had few carbonlites back in the day. Snapped one in half once setting the hook on sweet bass in the Glades. Bps replaced it no questions asked... lol