Thinking of getting rid of Cable TV

Started by phred, January 19, 2017, 06:43:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phred

Hey Folks,
  I'm thinking of getting rid of cable, but don't know how I'm gonna watch my fishing and shooting  shows. I watch MLF, Bassmaster, Bass Pros, Mark Zona... What do you suggest? I currently have the Outdoor channel and Sportsman channel.

Thanks for your input
Want to help returning vets? Check out the site.

www.armybassanglers.com/returningheroeshome/

DocIrv

I am doing the same thing. I got the Amazon Fire TV box. It is great. I added Kodi to it and it is awesopme but the learning curve is a bit tough. Also looking into adding Sling Tv which is about $25 a month.
UB members get a 20% discount. Use the coupon code UB20 during check out. If you are not satisfied with the color or texture of your custom made Doc Irv baits just let me know and I will redo it at no cost to you to your satisfaction, because I am not happy unless you are happy.*
*But if you are one of those people who is never satisfied then I ret

Polaris425

I think you can watch episodes on their website, or youtube usually after they've aired.

I watch Scott Martin a lot on youtube. As well as Brent Chapmans pro vs joe, it was all on youtube.

I think there's a MLF youtube channel if I'm not mistaken.
Fishin' Alabama
Building Rods, & Snatchin' Lips.

LgMouthGambler

I personally dont watch a whole lot of regular TV other than reruns of older shows, you know, when they were good (Everybody Loves Raymond, Married With Children, etc). Most of the time I just put my TV on YouTube and its got all kinds of fishing shows that will pop up since thats all I really use it for. It has learned my watching habits I guess. I just hit play and they just keep coming. My boy seems to like Scott Martins videos. So we watch and play in the living room while the shows loop through.

The only thing I need cable for really is College Football.
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

rockchalk06

I have Apple TV and love it, but I cannot get all my Sports and like you fishing shows. Plus you have to have a cable provider login to access content. I'd love nothing more than to dump Cox on their arse

Princeton_Man

Depending on your location and whether or not your TV has a digital tuner, a cheap antenna should allow you to receive digital over-the-air broadcasts. Providing you have a good internet service provider, a Smart TV will receive all the internet streaming by folks like Sling, Amazon, and the network folks themselves. An Apple TV or Amazon Fire will do the same thing.

We initially just had internet through the cable company and used a Direct TV dish (I do not recommend Direct TV at all). If it weren't for Linda, I'd scrap the Cable TV and just keep the Internet.
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Deadeye

We had Brighthouse for our Cable TV and Internet. I had no complaints, as I got the Outdoor channel, Sportsman, and WFN.

Then Spectrum bought them out. We added some movie channels for the FIL when he moved in and they switched us over to Spectrum with the new changes. Overall cost was cheaper.

However, Spectrum only has Outdoor Channel. I can no longer get the others, even though they still show on the guide. Called several times and all I get is Spectrum does not offer them. End of story.

Just a little bit pissed.

basss

Like others have said, you will need some sort of streaming device (Apple TV, Roku, Firestick, Google Chromecast).  First, find out which of those platforms your favorite channels are available on or if there is an app you can install to get your shows.

The over air antenna will not help if those channels are not broadcast over the air; but it will get you some channels.

Worst case, you can always get cable again if you don't like your choices.
1995 Gheenoe Highsider
2018 12' Bote HD Paddleboard