Narrow Trailer

Started by Thornback, January 28, 2017, 07:33:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thornback

Running the package 2005 Bass Tracker and Trail Star trailer. One complaint I have is the trailer is too narrow. Why do I complain -- because if you climb into the boat from the ground, or climb out of the boat at the ramp, the trailer fender and step plate are under the boat. IMO I think it would be nice if the trailer was wider so the step plate was easy to access. I notice on more expensive bass boats the wheels are out from the boat. Anyone agree or am I just too picky?

Oldfart9999

Pickey, I didn't have a problem with mine. What boat do you have? They sell a front mounted step that'd work for you.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

West6550

Mine is wide enough and the tire wells are reinforced.

Also spare tire at the front I'd a step!

scbassfanatic

Quote from: Thornback on January 28, 2017, 07:33:15 AM
Running the package 2005 Bass Tracker and Trail Star trailer. One complaint I have is the trailer is too narrow. Why do I complain -- because if you climb into the boat from the ground, or climb out of the boat at the ramp, the trailer fender and step plate are under the boat. IMO I think it would be nice if the trailer was wider so the step plate was easy to access. I notice on more expensive bass boats the wheels are out from the boat. Anyone agree or am I just too picky?

I agree, but it is something that i have learned to deal with. I think it was designed that way to allow it to fit into smaller areas. This is just my opinion. I have nothing factual to base it on. But I do find myself searching for footing when getting out of the boat. I have a 2005 PT175. 

Thornback

I also "search" for the trailer frame step plate or trailer fender when climbing out of my boat. I think BPS opted for the narrow trailer to help hold down cost.