Started by Eric B., April 09, 2006, 10:19:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric B.

Blake was suppost to do this but hes lazy  lo . Well i was bout 15 mins from my house and theres bout 3 hrs of daylight left so i call blake and see if he wasnts to wet some lines and ofcourse he says yes. well we get to my aunts and its gorgeous i make my 2nd cast boom solid 2 lber on a zoom magnum worm ease around the lake boom another by a lay down tree lil over  a pound. we switch to frogs he misses one real quick and we fish and fish and fish and Blake says my baits gone well he set the hook on a solid 3 got er up hooked deep hook came out no prob we put her int the floating fish basket to make sure she lives. well  we hear something explode on the bank we turn and start chunkin the frogs. I find a new target and begin to work that spot bout that time blake goes" THERE SHE IS" KA BOOOOOM well he sets the hook and doesnt have a good hold of the rod(hes known for this) and well slack and a smart fish dont mix endsd up loosin wut looked like an 8lber. were plannin on headin to the lake friday mornin and fishin till bout 4 and hope fully sat. and sunday if our parents will let us on easter.  :'(

Official Member of the MLSC

A hunt based only on trophies taken, falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be . . . time to commune with your inner soul as you share the outdoors with the birds, animals, and fish that live

topcat

Eric sounds like you all had a good evening on the water...to bad about Old Bucket Mouth...but you are right...with a big Bass there is no room for error......you all will get him just keep the lines wet.....

Topcat

Sharon

~c~ Sounds great Eric.. you kids are gonna have to come teach me to catch them  lo  Oh and by the way, did you post this in the Fl State section? Ill be checking it  ~shade

Lipripper

Me thought to Sharon your going to have to get the ruller lady after them youngen  :roll2: :roll2: Eric good show and great evening of fishing  ~c~ ~c~

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Blake R.

That big one was chasing minners and I threw a bronzeye frog to her... she slapped it with her tail and knocked it a good 2 feet in the air. Well, when it landed i twitched kermit one time and she crushed it. Me and my genius self (I AM NOT KNOWN FOR THIS BTW!!) didnt have a good hold on my rod when I set the hook, and when she took off the other way she slap pulled the rod outta my hand :roll2: I caught before it hit the water without putting myself in, but alas, it was too late ~xyz Didnt bother me then, but I have been reliving that fish all day today ~b~ ~b~ ;D

My bait is bigger than your bass!

Sharon

:-\ Open the bale next time and let it run... then slap it shut so you wont lose the rod. Gives ya time to realize you got something hooked.  ;D

Blake R.

I knew I had it hooked... just didnt hold on tight enough lo I didnt want to get it hooked deep either.

My bait is bigger than your bass!

Eric B.

its now posted on Florida Report

A hunt based only on trophies taken, falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be . . . time to commune with your inner soul as you share the outdoors with the birds, animals, and fish that live

Sharon

~c~ Alright Eric,, way to go, now let me go peek  ~shade

Eric B.

topcat

~c~ Blake that was a good follow up..after she slapped it with her tail.....and quick reflex to catch the rod and reel before it hit the water......way to go  ~c~

Eric what was you doing...while this was going on....were you  :o

Topcat

Eric B.

That and laughing my arse off  ~roflmao