Ready to buy my next Dobyns Rod #2

Started by Kris, February 02, 2017, 06:09:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kris

I went to Bass Pro Shop this morning with the guys from my old guys bass club and enjoyed that immensely.  Got home and decided I wanted to go look at Dobyns Rods at my local tackle store, Anglers Express.  Eric has been a great addition here because he stocks Dobyns Rod and it is really nice to hold it in your hands before you buy it. 
I went there intent on looking at the FR703SF but he did not have one on the rack.  He did however have the FR734C and FR705CB on the rack.  I looked at both of them and compared them to some of the Competition in his store.  He carries Irod, Duckett, Powell and several others.  Funny thing was that Powells seemed the closest in weight and action.  I had looked at Powells previously and found some assembly problems with the Max 3D I was looking at.
I am thoroughly impressed with the Dobyns Fury line since I purchased my FR765flip a couple of months ago.  The wieght, the quality, the assembly are outstanding for rods in the $100 range.  I think they are the best of what I have seen in my side by side inspections.
I am so happy with the rods that I now own a Fury 765flip, a 734C and a 705CB.  There are possibly two or three more Dobyns Rods I want and except for two Gator Rods I have they will make up my whole arsenal.
Thank you Gary for a great fishing rod line.  I have sold a few through Anglers Express to friends and Eric said today it is hard to keep them in stock.  Hurry up warmer weather.  I hope PP goes in his hole and doesn't come out until September.
Reservoir fishing in MD, Vietnam Vet, Retired
Ouachita 16' Model B, Minn Kota, Lowrance, Raymarine
Moderator - Maryland Fishing Reports and Chat

zippyduck

Congrats and have fun with them. Now what reels are you putting on them?
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

cojab

Congrats Kris. I hope you enjoy it. I just ordered my second one today!
TTK has spoken.

Kris

Thanks Guys,
The 705CB will have a BPS Extreme 5.X:1 on it for now.  The 734C will have one of the Shimano 201s that I have for now.  I may start replacing reels later.  I know I need another 5.X:1 reel and been looking at an AG Orra 2 Winch for possibly that.  BPS will be having a Big Sale in awhile and I might look to see what they have in left handed, 5.X:1 reels when it happens.
Reservoir fishing in MD, Vietnam Vet, Retired
Ouachita 16' Model B, Minn Kota, Lowrance, Raymarine
Moderator - Maryland Fishing Reports and Chat

fishandkamp

Boy did I have fun today!  I met the gang from the old guys bass club at Bass Pro and watched everyone spend THEIR money.  The later in the day I met up with Kris again, this time at Anglers Express. My wife is getting nervous I have been over there so much lately they might give me my own assigned parking spot!  ~roflmao
Anyway it was fun to see Kris spend some more of HIS money again today.  He is going to have a great arsenal of Fury rods soon. I figured it out all I spent today was $8 on tolls and some gas.  Of course I have already done enough damage in Eric's shop in the last 12 months.  Let's see three rods, I got loose in his jerkbait selection once OUCH!!! and plenty of other goodies. It is a good thing one of those rods and some of those goodies were ones my wife wanted.
Really the Furys, Sierras and Champions are hard to beat.

Gary Dobyns

Thanks Kris and gang. All of Dobyns Rods is made up of anglers. We all fish and we fish as much as we can get away with :)  Sometimes our spouses question all the needed "rod testing at the lake" :)  We appreciate our customers and dealers. We don't work against them and sell direct off our website. It was a decision we made a long time ago. So we're dependent on our dealers and work with them. We also push quality of product and customer service as both priority #1's. We answer rod questions Mon-Thursdays 8-5 PST for our customers and we keep 4-5 guys that are really knowledgeable on the rods to help with questions. We're closed on Fridays as dealers don't order much on these days. We're still here a lot on Fridays and can help if the guys aren't all out fishing. Shop# 530-671-1989

Thanks for the kind words and share some big fish pics with us!! THX!!!!!!