Hydrowave

Started by TexasBass70, February 03, 2017, 12:41:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TexasBass70

Does anyone here use a Hydrowave ? Any thoughts on them ?

Princeton_Man

Don't use one but many on here do. I've seen enough to convince me they work.
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Lee Smith

I"ve had one on every boat since they came out until this boat, and it will have one soon!
Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

Ron Fogelson

I use one, won it a few years back was on the fence as to get one or not because of the price and all the unknowns.

It's not magic where you turn it on and the fish can't wait to bite your lure but IMHO it has a place if for nothing else to help cover boat noise be it banging around, TM running or your electronics. 

I firmly believe this because of having seen 1st hand on several occasions each year where schools of baitfish and bass fry gather at the front of my boat while fishing and will hang out there until I turn the unit off or until I boat and bass and drag it through the ball.  Even then once things calm down or once I turn the until on I've seen them come back and hang out.

For me and my style of fishing the 2 general way I use it most is when I'm fishing up close to my target, could be punching vegetation, working a line of docks or setting up on a brush pile being close to my target I set it to a calm like state that has helped IMHO put more fish in the boat by keeping the bass from becoming jumpy.

The next way and this is more for time management because its two stage,,,,, when bass are feeding hard on baitfish like for the fall feed before winter or after the spawn when the fat girls are munching fry I'll crank it up as high as it will go on the feeding mode and put my tm down and fish fast.  What this does for me is eliminate water,,,,, with this set up any baitfish or fry in the area will start popping the water surface some going as far and jumping out of the water trying to flee the feeding sounds they hear/feel.  Why is this important? because if I don't see that happening I don't stop to fish, once I see the activity and it's general location I can turn the hydrowave to a softer setting and fish or if I'm prefishing I can pick up the TM and move around the water to different areas and see if the bait fish/fry are holding to like type cover/depth/structure if so that a win if not it's still a win because when the bass are feeding predominantly on baitfish I know to keep moving until I find them.

I lived without one for most of my life and could again but if mine ever dies I'd spend the $$ to get another if that helps  ~gf

TexasBass70

Ron Fogelson

This is why I like this site, that is the kind of information I'm looking for.

I've been on the fence about buying one, but I'm leaning more towards it now. My thoughts on using one is right along the lines of the way you are using yours. I was thinking if for no other reason it should help with boat/TM noises and skittish fish

Thanks for the info

Ron Fogelson

Yes Sir hope you like it as much as we do

Do some shopping around on line there are always deals to be had if you don't have to have it right now today LOL