Okay it's that time again. The Bassmaster Classic is just around the corner. Time to guess the winning weight of the BASSMASTER CLASSIC and win some baits!
We have a twist again this year:
Dobyns Rods is also putting up a Sierra Series rod if you can guess the winning angler. All anglers guessing the winning angler go into a drawing no matter what weight they picked. One winner will be drawn to win the Sierra Series Rod.
This is the OFFICIAL THREAD. Please ONLY post your guess in this thread. No chatter or smack talk, just entries.
2017 Bassmaster Classic - Lake Conroe Texas 24-26 March
Ways winner will be crowned:
Pick the winning weight and angler -- You win all wagers and are entered into drawing for a Dobyns Sierra Series Rod
The person picking closest to the actual wining weight without going over wins all wagers.
Lastly, no matter what your weight choice was, if you picked the winning angler, you still go in the drawing for the Sierra Series rod.
Do your research and determine what the winning weight and winning angler will be. Remember, this is a three day event (not four like the regular season).
Some food for thought...
1) over all the winter has been mild - this will effect bass location
2) the extended forecast still shows an overall warming trend, as if winter is already moving to spring
3) all the predictions are for shallow water anglers to dominate
6) its bass fishing anything can happen
7) it's Texas "Everything is bigger in Texas"
The list of variables is gigantic!
How to play.
NOTE This is a 3 day tournament make sure your wager is for three days. If you determine that the winning angler will catch 15 pounds 2 ounces a day, then your wager should be 45 pounds 6 ounces.
Post your screen name, the winning angler, the winning weight, and your wager.
Mike Cork - Gary Dobyns 49 pounds 6 ounces - a bag of Mister Twister Buzz Bugs
- The person that guesses closest to the actual winning weight without going over wins. All members that guess the Classic Winner will go into a drawing for a Sierra Series rod.
- Wager must be one new piece of fishing tackle
- One entry per member
- No duplicates. Make sure to review all wagers. The first person to post a wager owns the weight. You may not modify your wager post once you post it. A duplicate or modified guess will not be counted and subject to removal and you will be asked to make another guess.
- Winner must post his/her address, or if privacy is an issue winner must send me their address and I will Message all entrants
Here's how the contest works:
You make your guess of who the winning angler will be and what the winning weight will be in LBS / OZ for this year’s BASSMASTER CLASSIC and you wager a bait as an entry fee. By playing, you agree to mail the bait directly to the winner, who will post his address upon being declared the winner. The more people who play - the bigger the winnings are!
Jocko is the Point of Contact for this contest. He, or a board moderator, will summarize the guesses periodically. Edited wagers will be disqualified. This is a fun game for all to play honestly and fairly.
The contest closes 4 am CST March 24th (just prior to the day one launch). The contest will be decided when they crown the Classic Champ on March 26th. There will be NO accommodations or adjustments for fog delays or full days cancelled by weather, high water, etc. Or if the venue gets changed to a different body of water. The winning angler and weight is the winning angler and weight, as published by B.A.S.S. If it goes to a sudden death fish off and the winner is declared by catching the first fish, the winning angler and weight is the angler and weight posted on bassmaster.com for the final results for everyone to view.
Some people guess right away to get their best guess locked in. Others wait to see what the practice weights or estimates are or game day weather, though you run the risk of someone else posting and taking the same weight you were going to guess. So don't wait too long to enter.
So again, this thread is the Official Contest Thread where you should post your guess. ONLY POST CONTEST ENTRIES to this thread.
All rules are subject to change by Administration.