Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Tapatalk should be back up. Please report issues -->here<--. Thank you!

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

Fishing Frenzy Tackle

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Scales  (Read 454 times)

rickdelprado

• Charter Member
  • SFL BassHunter
Scales
« on: February 17, 2017, 12:31:12 PM »

So I have found myself looking for a scale that is compact. I currently have a Mini Rapala scale that fits in the palm of my hand. It also fits perfectly into a side pouch in my fanny pack. This is for my bank fishing so I want to keep it light.

One of the things I noticed the other day is that the Rapala weighs in decimal lbs. Meaning for example it will read out 3.65lbs.
I want a small scale that will read out in lbs-oz  3lbs 10oz because I don't want to be converting weights.

Any suggestions? I've scoured Amazon and there are a million scales out there but all seem to do decimal lbs.
I know of a few larger scales that do what I want but not the small ones.

I also want a scale that is fairly accurate of course. One of the smaller scales I saw that does what I want is a rapala, one of the fancier ones but the reviews online are pretty bad.
This is so that I can remember my personal bests: Weight 6.04lbs / Length 24.25 inches.

Smallie_Stalker

• Charter Member
  • Good things come to those who bait !!!
Re: Scales
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 03:50:58 PM »

Not sure if this one will fit the bill

http://www.basspro.com/Quarrow-Digital-Fishing-Scale/product/1311020716348/

The info says it switches from pounds, kilograms, ounces, or grams. Don't know if that means it's ONLY ounces etc, but if you zoom the picture there is a decimal after the first digit in the kg display.
Supporting Companies: Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Fenwick  Shakespeare  Spiderwire

FlatsNBay

• Lunker
  • Go Noles!
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 05:41:39 PM »

Rick, no need to buy another scale. Your Rapala scale can be easily changed to lb. and oz. I have the same scale and changed mine. I posted on here how I did it. I don't remember off hand but will try and find my old post and send it to you. It took like 5 seconds and was super easy!

FlatsNBay

• Lunker
  • Go Noles!
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 05:53:56 PM »

Here you go Rick. I found my old post:

I recently replaced my Rapala digital scale with a new one and just noticed that it was reading in lbs. plus a decimal instead of lbs. & ounces. (Example 8.67 lbs.) I did a search on the internet and found how to change it to lbs. and ounces. Here's how:

Hold power button down to turn on. The display will flash. Press the power button repeatedly until you scroll through to the desired readout. Wait a few seconds for the display to stop flashing. Your desired readout is locked in! Check your scales!

Bassinlou

• CM Forum Staff
  • Mr. Frogger
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2017, 06:46:45 PM »

I recently replaced my Rapala digital scale with a new one and just noticed that it was reading in lbs. plus a decimal instead of lbs. & ounces. (Example 8.67 lbs.) I did a search on the internet and found how to change it to lbs. and ounces. Here's how:

Hold power button down to turn on. The display will flash. Press the power button repeatedly until you scroll through to the desired readout. Wait a few seconds for the display to stop flashing. Your desired readout is locked in! Check your scales!
Thanks for that post Flats... I told Rick, I'm sure there was a way to convert his to oz.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 06:57:32 PM by Bassinlou »
Reels: Metanium,Scorpion's,Curado's,& Daiwa SV103XS
Rods: LSCR's (Point Blank) Dobyn & St Croix
Main Fishing Holes: Everglades & Lake Okeechobee

rickdelprado

• Charter Member
  • SFL BassHunter
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2017, 09:47:19 PM »

Thanks Steve, I searched the web but couldnt find this. That worked. That was easy.
I appreciate it!
This is so that I can remember my personal bests: Weight 6.04lbs / Length 24.25 inches.

basss

• Charter Member
  • Just one more cast ....
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2017, 10:08:18 AM »

Rick, no need to buy another scale. Your Rapala scale can be easily changed to lb. and oz. I have the same scale and changed mine. I posted on here how I did it. I don't remember off hand but will try and find my old post and send it to you. It took like 5 seconds and was super easy!

Beat me to it, I have the same model and cycling through the options will get you what you need- part of the reason I got it.
1990 16' Pro Deep-V
Minkota 55 lbs. thrust up front
Helix 7" DI on the bow/Helix 7" SI at the transom
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

The most innovative and technologically advanced fishing rod blanks on the planet

Get Chomped at Mega Chomp Lure Company and Get The Best Baits for your Money

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 23 queries.